Who is your favorite jazz pianist

With the passing of Oscar Peterson, I thought it would be great to hear some of your favorites. For me no one even came close to Oscar Peterson. He had the speed and agility of Bud and Monk, and the grace of Bill evans and brubeck. He had no equal.
dabairzdavid
Lots of great players mentioned so far...

One that usually stays under the radar is Monty Alexander. His playing is like listening to a fireworks display!
Oscar Peterson hands down, Gene Harris close second, Bill Evans should be on everyones list. Joe Sample in the modern era along with Bob James. Everyone mentioned is special so it's extremly tough to pick. I think it comes down to personal preference and them playing songs that moves you.
How can we possibly over look Marian McPhartland, one of the great jazz pianist to ever touch the keyboard. It was once said that she has three things against her. She's white,British and a woman other than that she ranks with the best ever. her NPR radio program has more than withstood the test of time and remains an icon of the NPR network.

I have several of her albums and she can hold her own with anyone past or present. I always wanted someone to make a duo album with her and Bill Evans, now that would have been magical.

In many ways she has never gotten her just due, but if you have never heard her, then pick up a few of her albums and hear for yourself. My favorites are "From This Moment On" and "Personal Choice" on the Concord Label. Let's honor her while we still can.
Anybody like Ahmad Jamal besides me? If you haven't heard him you should give him a listen. For anyone who likes an easy going jazz (not smooth jazz!) excellent sound check him out in his two Telarc recordings, "Chicago Revisited' and 'I Remember Duke, Hoagy and Strayhorn'.

Along with Jamal I like Andre Previn's recent releases.

Also enjoy very much Bill Evans, Tommy Flannagan, Gene Harris, Hank Jones, and Dave Brubeck.

Great as Oscar Peterson may be, I find I usually prefer his earlier recordings to any made in the past 15 years or so.