Who is your favorite blues guitarist

Such a hard question. there are so many people who have influenced blues guitar. I'm born and raised in chicago been to rush street many times, so the blues have always been a part of my life. But to me no one has ever done to the blues what STEVIE RAY VAUGHN did. He was able to do things on the guitar that artists are still trying to do today, and I think he gets forgotten because he has been gone so long, but if you ask most blues artists today who they thought was the best most would put him in thier top 3. One of my greatest blues recordings of all time was A CD made in 83' called in session" It was done with my other great blues guitarist ALBERT KING. If SRV would have lived he would have done things that would have blown us all away!!
dabairzdavid
I would include many of the artists already mentioned among the best but I have to add Eric Clapton. Anyone who says he's too white or too rich is deaf. The man can play the blues.
~
Chris Smither.

I never get tired of hearing him, and he has a pretty good number of albums out there after some 30 years of playing.
Jimi Hendrix. Electric Ladyland - Track 4 is what got me in to the mess to begin with. I can just shut my eyes and just get lost in a lot of what he did. Most of his best blues work has never been released however, I've been fortunate enough to amass quite a collection of bootlegs over the years and thank god for the internet - torrents!

SRV obviously the close second. I'm thankful he came along to ween me off my Hendrix addiction. Great, great artist - sorry to lose him as well.

The next guy to pick it up for me has been mentioned very little in this forum - Mato Nanji of Indigenous. Most definitely inspired by my first picks. Excellent guitarist - once again had me hunting for the rare stuff. Might I suggest Indigenous - Live at Pachyderm Studios.

Have also enjoyed who's been listed here - Clapton, Collins, etc. I wish David Gilmour would have/would release an all out blues album. He's a guest on a cut from Paul Rodger's Muddy Waters tribute album and just smokes that version of Standing Around Crying.

Guitarist Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top deserves more credit for his blues work. The late Chris Whitley for his unique style on National Steel guitar. Other than that Robben Ford has got some licks, Chris Duarte, Tab Benoit and Michael Burkes. Been following Derek Trucks pretty steadily lately.

I know, I know - nobody can just pick one on these "favorite" threads.