It's Hammond B3 Organ Day

I just discovered The Ken Clark Trio and wanted to share my discovery.

Ken Clark Trio Web Site

if you click on the CD's on the right, you can listen to tracks..

Track #6. I Just Woke Up on Mutual Respect sure makes me happy. It was kinda difficult dancing while driving coming in this morning. I imagine my car was hopping down the road :-)

hope you enjoy as much as I have,
Angela
angela100
For some very enjoyable Hammond organ pick up Steve Winwood's new release, "Nine Lives".
Well I'm hoping to see CHESTER THOMPSON playing with Santana next week. Gotta love that B3 !!!!

Dennis Chambers on drums - should be a great gig with such greats.

Here is another great groove with some nice organ - The Meters - Look-Ka Py Py ...enjoy.
BTW - I can confirm, live Santana band was a lot better than on CD's - simply put in a live performance they didn't compress the hell out of the drums and backing musicians and jack up the guitar like they do on the CD's.

Dennis Chambers on drums was astonishing. Played 3 hours absolutely perfectly "in the pocket". Never seen a drummer do that - usually on the fills (especially long complex ones) most drummers have a different feel (instead of making the fill part of the music). Dennis nails the groove all the way through and all the time...astonishing.

Chester Thompson was his old self - contorting like a madman over his Hammond and producing more feeling from a keyboard than I have heard in years...

Santana, what can I say, amazing! ...but lengthy guitar solos get tiring after a while even from a maestro.