It's Hammond B3 Organ Day

I just discovered The Ken Clark Trio and wanted to share my discovery.

Ken Clark Trio Web Site

if you click on the CD's on the right, you can listen to tracks..

Track #6. I Just Woke Up on Mutual Respect sure makes me happy. It was kinda difficult dancing while driving coming in this morning. I imagine my car was hopping down the road :-)

hope you enjoy as much as I have,
Angela
angela100
Interestingly enough, I have been on an absolute binge of Jimmy Smith recently. I got a new iPod (Touch - coolest thing on wheels (when I'm riding the subway in to work in the morning)) and it is chock full o' Jimmy (10 albums). For Hammond B3 live show lovers, "Root Down" is a great album. I personally prefer some of the older ones like 'Back at the Chicken Shack', 'The Sermon', 'Cool Blues', and 'The Incredible Jimmy Smith at the Organ'
In the early-mid 80's, I lived in Fresno for a couple of years. There was a cool part of town, yeah I know that is hard to believe, but there was.. on the west side where all the olive trees were... anyway, there was the club called The Wild Blue Yonder that had live music every night and everything from new wave (well, it was coming up then) to punk to jazz to funk... well you get the idea.... The owner was friends with Tower of Power and some of the guys would stop in from time to time and just jam... no notice... but if you were there that night.. who boy! I also saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers before they were "known" already playing music in their socks... I used to sit up top and work the lights some nights....Those were some good times...