Looking for compilation suggestions

As of late I find myself listening to compilation albums and soundtracks more and more. Right now I'm listening to "These Times We're Living In, A Red House Anthology" which is very good. Other favorites are kd lang's "Songs from the 49th Parallel," the soundtrack from "Dead Man Walking" and the newly released "Instant Karma - The campaign To Save Darfur." Albums such as these provide me an opportunity to hear new artists or well known artists performing music somewhat out of their element.
Any recommendations appreciated and I'll probably pick up a few of them.
timrhu
Agree with Sbank - some big market radio stations put out some nice live studio performance compilations. Some that I have enjoyed have been released by KFOG (Live from the Archives) and WBCN ("Naked" series from the Naked Lunch show). Plenty of them for sale on EBay.
WBCN - Now that takes me back. I lived in New Hampshire 69-72. WBCN was the station to listen to then, if the radio would pick it up. Haven't been to New England in years.
If you liked 49th Parallel then try 21st Century Blues a collection of anti war songs by various artists covered by The Cowboy Junkies. It has that same slow durge that 49th has.
In addition to the wide ranging, eclectic kind of compilations, I have heard historic compilations that are really good. My favorites are the 10 CD collection of the Atlantic Label's R&B, and the rock & roll compilations that came in three separate sets: Roots of Rock and Roll (1946-54); Golden Era of Rock & Roll (1954-63); and British Invasion (1963- ).