Beatles Love, should I run?

I am considering the purchase of the Beatles Love album on vinyl.

Sometimes when I hear songs that are not in their original format I prefer the original but this has gotten such universal praise that I wonder if maybe I would like it.

Who has heard this and what do you think?

I welcome any comments..

Phil
128x128philjolet
I don't think criticism of this album has any relevance to "the band that started it all". They are two separate issues.

Most bands have released at least one lemon and the Beatles had no say in this one.

05-16-07: Audiofeil
"Most bands have released at least one lemon and the Beatles had no say in this one."

.....Actually both Paul and Ringo consulted and gave their blessing on the project. Having George Martin on board probably means a little something too.

Chris
I don't own it, but I have listened to some bits. George Martin has done his magic again. He re-mixed things to highlite what was missing, including Ringo;s drumming.

Worth the exploration.
>>.....Actually both Paul and Ringo consulted and gave their blessing on the project<<

Paul and Ringo are not the Beatles. However, it doesn't matter whether you're citing Ringo, Paul, Yoko, or George Martin; money is the salient issue. I suspect John Lennon is turning over in his grave but we'll never know.

Look if you guys like this schlock fine, but ensure it's kept alongside your Barry Manilow and Air Supply stuff where it rightfully belongs. I wouldn't dignify my collection with this POS.

There is no accounting for bad taste.