DEADHEADS...TOP 5 SHOWS.....

Amg lists DP 4 as a top 5 pick amongst heads...Ill throw in dp 12, what about Barton College, Cornell, Lousiville 74,Veneta 72 ,etc....
128x128phasecorrect
I love it Herman.....I'm sitting here laughing at your response. I saw them through the mid seventies, the eighties and painfuly through the ninties and I can't remember either. I know that I saw them as I sort of remember driving to the show and I was told I had great time.....but I don't rememeber .... :-)
Boston 12/73?????

My favorite was Maynor Downs in Austin Tx, early 80's didn't tape that one. It was or may have been the 4th or very close. They had parachuters open the show.
I like my Dead really jazzy. I want piles of exploration and improvisation. So I love i prefer the 1971 - 1979 era, but IMO the Dead reached their peak in 1973. There are some truly some awe inspiring shows in that year. My favorite is probably 6-10-73 RFK Stadium. It is a total monster. The Bird Song, Playing, Eyes > Stella segment is particularly great. A truly amazing Dark Star that runs 26 and 1/2 minutes in the second set. Followed by a third set packed full of bluesy tunes with Dickey Betts sitting in.

I'm not a big fan of the Dead past about 1979 and honestly haven't listened to very many shows from then on, but I really dig the shows with Branford Marsalis sits in particularly the new years eve 1990 show. To me he brings out the jazz flavor of the dead that I really dig.
Yeah that hazy air in some places with poor ventilation like the old Boston Garden makes it hard to rember the late 80's show (think hat some time around release of movie "Hunt For Red October" beacuise it was fall and everybody had "The Hunt For Dea October" shirts.Anyway they played a 25 really revved up version of "Turckin" I'd love to have on tape and "Dark Star Pt.II" or at least that what evrybody said it was.Seems like the Arista multi track stuff often had beter sound than the picks,I even (herresy you say) liked "The Other Ones".Too bad taht unit couldn't have kept up a little longer.But have to say I think peak years were '72-73 (same era as best Stones if you can ever find Takrl Bootleg "Bedspring Symphony" it's late 73 just before Mick Taylor lost his mind and made one of the worst rock careeer moves ever.The playing on that disc is better according to Hot Wacks,the bootleg bible,better than any liver performance they ever released and unlike most stoines everything was al, sped up.)But yeah after Europe 72' for a bit Dead were in top form.Sorry fans of Brett.And agreealso Barnford made some of those shows fun too
Chazz.