DEADHEADS...TOP 5 SHOWS.....

Amg lists DP 4 as a top 5 pick amongst heads...Ill throw in dp 12, what about Barton College, Cornell, Lousiville 74,Veneta 72 ,etc....
128x128phasecorrect
I love it Herman.....I'm sitting here laughing at your response. I saw them through the mid seventies, the eighties and painfuly through the ninties and I can't remember either. I know that I saw them as I sort of remember driving to the show and I was told I had great time.....but I don't rememeber .... :-)
Boston 12/73?????

My favorite was Maynor Downs in Austin Tx, early 80's didn't tape that one. It was or may have been the 4th or very close. They had parachuters open the show.
I like my Dead really jazzy. I want piles of exploration and improvisation. So I love i prefer the 1971 - 1979 era, but IMO the Dead reached their peak in 1973. There are some truly some awe inspiring shows in that year. My favorite is probably 6-10-73 RFK Stadium. It is a total monster. The Bird Song, Playing, Eyes > Stella segment is particularly great. A truly amazing Dark Star that runs 26 and 1/2 minutes in the second set. Followed by a third set packed full of bluesy tunes with Dickey Betts sitting in.

I'm not a big fan of the Dead past about 1979 and honestly haven't listened to very many shows from then on, but I really dig the shows with Branford Marsalis sits in particularly the new years eve 1990 show. To me he brings out the jazz flavor of the dead that I really dig.