Moody Blues "Question of bal." CD or SACD vs Vinyl

I no longer have the capability of playing vinyl. I do have two different versions of "Question of Balance". One is the MFSL version which I loved. Then I bought the new SACD version. Boy, what a difference. Actually, probably the biggest difference that I have seen with the SACD format.

Although the MFSL version is very clear and precise, the SACD version is more expansive and full. I don't know which is more truthful.

Would someone out there who has the vinyl and has compared it to either the MFSL CD or the newer SACD please comment on the comparison.

Please, no in general comment like "all CD's are crap", or "vinyl always is best". I am interested in which of the formats that I have is closest to "correct".

Thank you,
Richard
drrdiamond
I am interested in which of the formats that I have is closest to "correct".
I'm not sure what "correct" means. I would say "what sounds the best to you". In my case, the Mofi cd sounds much better than the SACD. The SACD, although sounding more expansive, also has more noise and distortion in both the 5.1 and 2 channel. I provided a demo for a sales rep at a local hi-end store, who insisted that SACD was the best. After listening, he had to agree that the Mofi sounded better.
Mike
Which MoFi are you talking about? I have several and none sound that good. I have compared them to the vinyl and the vinyl is much better. Not so with the SACDs I have. I have not listened to them in surround.
It's very unfortunate that great bands like the Moody Blues and Yes could not get the recording productions they really deserved.

Tolerate equipment and recordings, enjoy the music!
I would agree with you on the Moody Blues but the copies of The Yes Album and Fragile are excellent and rival the best in my collection.

OTOH, although the 5 different copies of Close to the Edge in my collection don't approach sonics of The Yes Album or Fragile the Japanese version on Atlantic is quite nice; better than the MOFI by a wide margin. Interestingly both TYA and Fragile are nothing more than standard US Atlantic first releases. My copies of Tales, Tormato, and Relayer are all very good but not great.
I'll have to keep an eye out for the Japanese version of CTTE. I've got the MoFi as well and it does sound pretty good. I tried to get a UK original Fragile but got burned. It plays well enough that I get an idea of how good a clean copy must be.