I'm Looking for some great electronic music

I realize most modern music has some sort of electronicly produced sounds but the other day I played an old CD I have called "Windham Hill Chill". The First song on disc one is a high quality recording by The Paul Schwartz Project. It is a beautiful electronic composition that I find astounding.

Before improving some of my components I had never really heard all the layering, texture, unusual tones and deep thunderous bass lines. Wow!

Now I'd like to find some more quality music like this.
Does anyone have favorites they'd like to recommend?
Some Ambient music is O.K. as long as it isn't sleep inducing.
thanks
shoe
While you're typing on Audiogon listen to www.MinistryofSound.com, I also rec. their DJ and chill compilations
I really like 'The Gentle People' terrific music that has a lot of synth and vocal and bass TONS of bass. Very fun and nice.
Tangerine Dream/Stratosfear and many of their albums from that era. Also, Ashra/New Age of Earth and Blackouts. Don't forget Klaus Schulze. Oh yeah, I love Afocelt also but I think they are more Techno with Celtic overtones.

All the others plus:

Walter/Wendy Carlos
Vangelis (get the BladeRunner Soundtrack!)
Jan Hammer - "The First Seven Days" (incredible!)
Jean Michel Jarre
Isao Tomita
T.O.N.T.O. (The Original New Timbral Orchestra)
Mike Oldfield
Depeche Mode - (the early stuff)
Torch Song ("Mothdoom Ecstasy" is my favorite!) vinyl only (unless you are lucky and have the Japan "Wish Thing" CD or certain compilations)
Gary Numan ("Down in the Park" is my favorite)
Thomas Dolby
Yaz (Yazoo)
Fad Gadget
Lauri Anderson
Cabaret Voltaire
NIN (Nine Inch Nails)
The Art of Noise
Propellerheads - "Decksanddrumsandrocknroll"
Brian Eno
Weather Report
Mahavishnu Orchestra
King Crimson
Passport
Pink Floyd
ELP (Emerson, Lake and Palmer)

etc, etc, etc...

Not all of the above artists are totally electronic but contain a good deal of the "electronic sound".

Check out Electronic Music at Wikipedia for more information and links.

For free downloads, check out Open Source Audio and do a search under "electronic". You may find something you like!
R_Burke thanks. I should look up some more of Paul Schwartz's stuff. I like how he seems to mix real instruments in the recording , it is sort of a symphonic piece yet highly progressive for the time period.
Wow! So many replies ..thanks everyone, I am going to be busy checking out samples.