Best "album" of 2006

I know we are only 6 weeks into 2006, but what are your best albums of 2006. I remember in the past, certain print magazines claiming Wilco YFH and Bright Eyes I'm wide awake ... were the best albums of those years as early as January. So, for fun ... what 2006 CD or LP is constantly rotating in your system.

For me, NME has finally got it right... the Arctic Monkeys are living up to their hype ... great CD ... between the 17 feet of new snow in Whistler during January and the Arctic Monkeys playing inside my Giro Fuse helmet, I couldn't erase the smile off my face.

Other good early albums:
Cat Power ... the greatest
Belle & Sebastian The Life Pursuit
Beth Orton Comfort of Strangers
Jenny Lewis with the Watson twins Rabbit Fur Coat

I need to slow down on my CD purchases ... THere is not enough time to listen to my older CD's from 2005.
thom_y
I love the Duhks' new cd- Migrations.
They are playing in Charlotte Oct 14, I wont miss them!
"Ollabelle" - BATTLES - is one of the best albums I've heard, not just this year, but for quite some time. Americana folk/rock basically. Great singing/harmonizing by man/woman, excellent musicanship, songwritng, etc. You need to buy this album - period!

"James Hunter" - great soul music, excellent recording

"The Mammals" - Departures. alternative bluegrss, with Pete Seeger's nephew on board.

"Grace Potter and the Nocturnals" - Live, indie folk/rock

"Jim Lauderdale" - Bluegrass

"Graham Parker" - songs of no consequence. Another gem by the Godfather of punk rock. tap your feet, boogaloo.

"Randall Bramblett" - (Copper penney) it's late and I can't remember, but Lincoln is on the cover. Good roots rock.

Ollebelle - yes, again. You need this album.
Wildoats- if you like the Mammals you will like the Duhks. They are pals from Canada. When I saw the Mammals back up Arlo Guthrie on his 40th anniversary tour last year the Duhks were there in the audience.
The Duhks are great, lots of different influences from song to song. I could go on and on, I love these guys. If you havent heard them, you just gotta.
Well I started this thread in Feb and now that the end of 2006 is 24 hours away I will share my fav albums of 2006. Of note, I found that I bought way too many CD's largely on hype or based on internet. IN fact, I bought so many that I'm sure there a few CDs I never even really listened to. This list represents the few CDs that I found repeatedly listening to on my emmlabs or iPod 1G or 2G nano:

Fox Confessor Brings The Flood; Neko Case
Garden Ruin; Calexico
Destroyer's Rubies; Destroyer
the life pursuit; belle and Sebastian
Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not; Arctic Monkeys
The Warning; Hot Chip
Yellow House Grizzly Bear
Roots & Crowns Califone
Nine times that same song; Love is all
Ys; Joanna Newsom
The Greatest; Cat Power
Return To Cookie Mountain; TV On The Radio
Post-War; M. Ward
Silent Shout; The Knife
Rabbit Fur Coat; Jenny Lewis With The Watson Twins
Rather Ripped; Sonic Youth
The Crane Wife; Decemberists
The Loon; Tapes n Tapes
So this is goodbye; Junior Boys
Ships; Danielson
Eraser; Thom Yorke
Dreamt For Light Years In The Belly Of A Mountain; Sparklehorse
NOTHING THIS YEAR by RYAN ADAMS

These are not necessarily in order, as other than Neko and Calexico, none of the others really stood out enough to order them.