Talking Heads Remastered

Anyone out there splurg on the newly remastered Talking Heads Catalog "Brick"? Released on dualdisc with remastered stereo mixes on CD layer and extra tracks from the recording sessions and video and 5.1 mixes on the DVD layer. Every Talking Heads studio album is in the collection.

These albums were in desperate need of remastering as they came out in the late seventies and 80s. The original CD attempts sound pretty bad.

I've only been istening for a week and don't do 5.1, but the new mixes really add alot. They are tastfully done (Jerry Harrison had a lot to do with it) and sound great. I encourage any Talking heads fan to update their collection with this set.

Anyone else hear these things?

-Karl
128x128karl_desch
And how long must we wait before we can buy the remasterings on a standard CD, for $3 less? Think Dylan SACDs.
And for those who want hi-rez and are squeamish about putting dualdisks into their players, the individual Talking Heads albums have also been releases as double disks (1 cd, 1 dvd-a) in the UK. I just ordered some on amazon.uk and they came out to about $16 a piece including shipping. The disks up to Remian in Light came out in mid Jan and the later ones are due in mid Feb. It seems some but not all of what is sold on dual disks in the US is showing up on these double disk sets in the UK; e.g Springsteen's Devils & Dust (and perhaps Europe). This is the best way to get recently released non-classical hi-rez (usually dvd-a) that I've found.
That label doesn't do SACD. Heck, Sony doesn't do SACD anymore either (which, I assume, is why the Dylan discs eventually came out in CD only versions). I believe SACD has been officially abandoned by the large labels and will be a niche product of audiophile labels from now on. Too bad.

DualDiscs having hi-rez audio is really just a fluke. The main idea behind them is that it's a cheap way for manufacturers to include DVD content to help encourage people to buy a disc rather than burn it. Too bad the labels decided on a format that is not up to CD or DVD standards and will not play on a certain percentage of players. It seems strange that a struggling company in a struggling industry would knowingly give up a certain percentage of the market, but I guess that's why they're a struggling company in a struggling industry, huh? :-)
I think you've got it wrong, Phil. The purpose of these fancy new formats is to get different segments of the market to pay different prices. So first you put out a hi-rez version (a la Dylan's SACDs) or one with extra features (the Heads Dual-disks), so the hard-core fans and audiophiles will pay a premium price. Then you bring out the same recording as a standard CD at a lower price that will appeal to the mass market. You're not giving up any part of the market that way. You're just getting the people who might willing pay more to actually do so.
Pableson, Are you sure that Sony has abandoned SACD? Was this published somewhere?