Joni Mitchell Blue - Wow help me Agoners

I just got this CD and I love the honesty and emotion of it. Her voice is wonderful. I have some of her newer ones, but her voice and her raw emotion are so much better on Blue.

The recording is a little thin and wonder if there is a better version out there? Where do I get it? Last, can you Joni fans tell me which other albums are like Blue. I want to buy more of her stuff, but want the emotion, voice and style of Blue.

I know I should be more familiar with Blue as I am 44, but I just played it for the first time today. Now this is art!
128x128grannyring
Wonder too how many have compared with a perfect first pressing of Joni that's been in their library since it was new?

Wonder too if the master might sound different now? 36 years have passed since my copy was pressed off it.

I worked in the music business back then, did coverage of rock concerts and promo work for a hot radio station as well as my advertising photography gig. My copy is VERY early, given to me by the rep from the record company.

As I already stated, perhaps I am just accustomed to my excellent copy, a tonal presentation of Joni that I have lived with and accepted all these years.

I may buy another copy and have a second go at this. I already passed my Rhino reissue to a young guy in my group that wanted it.

For him, it was his first experience with "Blue" and he loved it.
The Rhino reissue sounds much different than my original. Everything (pianos, guitars, you name it) sounds much more life like and Joni's voice more dynamic and vibrant. The original must have some EQ because her voice is smoother (in places) but not as realistic. I think they rolled off some of the top end. Also on the original the piano sounds like a saloon upright compared to the reissue.

I can see how anyone accustomed to the original pressing may not like the reissue because it's a different animal.
To my ears the reissue wins, KO, no contest.
A bit of news for fans of Joni Mitchell: She was inducted last weekend into the Canadian Music hall of Fame. She was also presented with a beautifull personalized handmade Boucher guitar, a beautifull instrument ( I happen to be lucky enough to own the same guitar). Upon receiving the gift, she immediately picked a few strings, to everyones's pleasure. James Taylor was on hand for a musical tribute song, as well as other artists. Last year's inductee was Neil Young. Her early albums were great, but also try ''Night Ride Home'' for a nice sampling of a somewhat more mature voice, and trademark intelligent wit.
Just received the latest Japanese reissues CDs (late 2006) of Ladies of the Canyon, Court and Spark and Blue. Ladies and Court sound excellent while Blue seems to be a bit on the brittle side. This may be because of the dulcimers sound plus the sparse instumentation on the album. I've owned Court and Blue on gold CD and if memory serves the gold Blue was the best I've heard. I would recommend the Japanese Ladies and Court but not the Blue. Planning on purchasing Clouds, Hissing and Hejira in the near future.
I've listened to "Night Ride Home" three times in the last few days. It's my favorite post 1980 Joni Mitchell cd. No wait, it's "Turbulent Indigo" ... No wait ... Aargh, love em both!