Joni Mitchell Blue - Wow help me Agoners

I just got this CD and I love the honesty and emotion of it. Her voice is wonderful. I have some of her newer ones, but her voice and her raw emotion are so much better on Blue.

The recording is a little thin and wonder if there is a better version out there? Where do I get it? Last, can you Joni fans tell me which other albums are like Blue. I want to buy more of her stuff, but want the emotion, voice and style of Blue.

I know I should be more familiar with Blue as I am 44, but I just played it for the first time today. Now this is art!
128x128grannyring
Try finding the DCC version - it's much better than the standard or the remastered version out now. Love it!
Agree with all the above, but would also add "Hissing Of Summer Lawns" to your list.
Blue is a classic for sure, and I'd agree, find the LP if you have a rig. I made a comment similar to yours about the CD in another thread and had several folks jump down my throat saying that the CD was an outstanding one on their players. I think there was a 20-bit version of it at some point. And yes, Joni Mitchell is truly an artist...wonderful stuff...I've been a big fan for a long time. Blue would have to be my favorite of her early stuff. A close second would be Court and Spark. I think I wore those two LP's right through! Her recent stuff is quite different, and I haven't been as hooked by any of them. There is a great live double album too that is a must if you like her stuff...Shadows and Light.

Marco
All the suggestions above are great, but you should also check out her live album, "Miles of Ailses". Good song selection for the period and a great band to boot.
I remember my Mom told me she went to a garage sale around 15 years ago and bought some records for me. Well my Mom is always buying stuff that I don't want anyway as she says it's the stuff you like. I said ok went over and there was Blue and the first Neil Young album Original Pressings in Mint + and my mouth started watering. Bless her heart,and this LP has been a reference recording,and Record to die for in both Stereophile and Absolute Sound for as long as I can remember. It's because of the vocals. Love you Mom.