What song best sums up the previous year?

Is there a song that stands out to you that for any reason sums up the year 2005?
128x128nrchy
“The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.”
H.L. Mencken
Boa2

Just feel like alittle balance is required here:

"At the same time, Bill O'Reilly suggests that it would be a good idea for Al Qaeda to annhiliate San Francisco. Forget damaging the morale of the troops, he's encouraging terrorists to blow up an American city!"

I'm sure Mr. O'Reilly would find this to be an ammusing post, as do I. However, People reading this thread who do not watch or listen to O'Reilly, as often as I do, and perhaps, you should, might take what you have said as being factual.
The fact is: O'Reilly, often times uses SATIRE to make his point. He was using the Al Qaeda vs. San Fran. secario, to point out the ridiculous ideology that has caused San Fran. to prohibit military recruitment in their (S.F.)shcools during a time of war.

Mr. O'Reilly clearly understands the dangers this enemy presents to EVERY American. It is so sad that every American doesn't clearly understand the nature of this enemy.

Just a point of balance.
"perfect sense" parts 1 and 2 from roger waters' "amused to death." likely sums up the coming year as well.
In case anyone is interested, this is the story on Mr. O'Reilly's comments. He suggested (among other things) that the terrorists should blow up Coit Tower, which is in fact a monument to firefighters.

Appreciate the attempt to balance this point, Paul (Oldpet), but in all of the time I have watched Mr. O'Reilly, the word 'balanced' has never come to mind as representative of his delivery, or content. He (like others, yes) has a specific agenda. He is not a reporter. He is a well-compensated pawn for the Rupert Murdoch conservative agenda, a mono-chromatic politicizer of issues, and completely out of line to suggest to this dangerous enemy to which you refer should blow up an American city. This is not balance, and it is without question NOT satirical. It also would not be tolerated had Al Franken or Michael Moore said it, nor should it be. This is a heinous invitation to bring the violence here to the US. Sorry, not funny.

As I've always said, if you believe in the war, put your money where your mouth is and suit up. Go and fight, or your words are meaningless. I can tell you one thing, however. I wouldn't want them recruiting in my kid's high school. Nor do I want Procter & Gamble paying for their audio/video equipment either, for obvious reasons.

Mr. O'Reilly understands sales. He understands politics. We might even say he understands the Clinton-esque side of backroom sexcapades. But he does not understand the first thing about the current geo-political scenario in which we are ensconced. He's not a newsman. He is not a sage. He is a barking firestarter, and paid extremely well for being exactly that.