What song best sums up the previous year?

Is there a song that stands out to you that for any reason sums up the year 2005?
128x128nrchy

Showing 3 responses by kana813

A Republican in a wheelchair entered a restaurant one afternoon and asked the
waitress for a cup of coffee. The Republican looked across the restaurant and asked,
"Is that Jesus sitting over there?" The waitress nodded "yes," so the Republican
requested that she give Jesus a cup of coffee, on him.

The next patron to come in was a Libertarian with a hunched back. He shuffled over
to a booth, painfully sat down, and asked the waitress for a cup of hot tea. He also
glanced across the restaurant and asked, "Is that Jesus over there?" The waitress
nodded, so the Libertarian asked her to give Jesus a cup of hot tea, "My treat."

The third patron to come into the restaurant was a Democrat on crutches. He hobbled
over to a booth, sat down and hollered, "Hey there, honey! How's about gettin' me a
cold glass of Miller Light?" He, too, looked across the restaurant and asked, "Is
that God's boy over there?" The waitress once more nodded, so the Democrat directed
her to give Jesus a cold glass of beer. "On my bill," he said.

As Jesus got up to leave, he passed by the Republican, touched him and said, "For
your kindness, you are healed."

The Republican felt the strength come back into his legs, got up, and danced a jig
out the door.

Jesus also passed by the Libertarian, touched him and said, "For your kindness, you
are healed." The Libertarian felt his back straightening up, and he raised his
hands, praised the Lord and did a series of back flips out the door.

Then Jesus walked towards the Democrat. The Democrat jumped up and yelled, "Don't
touch me... I'm collecting disability."
Hey Kana;

The last time I heard your joke about Jesus,disability, etc.,,it was told by a certain Senator from Arizona while reflecting on the recent pork barrel (corporate and farm welfare) bills passed last year by the (Republican) congress.

Oh, on the latest public rip-offs going on in Washington, for a song, how about the old standard,

"Tip-toe, through the tulips..."

Unclejeff-

Don't try and out-pork us Hawaiians, we have the
the princes of pork, the one armed bandit, Uncle Dan I.
and Uncle Brada Dan A. These old buggers just keep sucking it up....LOL