Everything Bach ever wrote

Is being played on BBC Radio Three between now and Xmas for those of you who would like to run your PC through your system you can listen live on the internet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3

Personally I love most of Bach's work, I just hate his opera. Nothing personal, I hate everyone's opera.
dmurfet
Classical1 - yes - for example, currently playing is:

Cantata No 172: Erschallet, ihr Lied

Not my thing at all, I wish the singers would go for a drink, so I can hear the instruments. :o)
Dmurfet, you are killing me. I will let Bach speak for himself from BWV 80.

Das Wort sie sollen lassen stahn
Und kein' Dank dazu haben!

Sorry, with all due respect, I would point out that Bach's cantatas and Passions were written to the glory of God as acts of worship. The works deny comprehension and appreciation outside of that context.

Das Reich muss uns doch bleiben!

Soli Gloria Deo
For what it's worth, Dmurfet, I grew up hating operatic singing. Eventually I realized the voice is the instrument without peer. Still, the recorded voice just can't capture the live sound. Hmmm, maybe I need to spend more money on my system.
I think I have not been clear enough, and probably a little niiave with my knowledge of Bach.

I don't hate the singers, or singing. I like it. It's just when they start warbling just to show us how great their voices and talents are, for no apparent reason, then I switch off. Opera singers are no longer the worst for this - RnB singers are. I begin to wonder if they could hold a note even if they tried.

I love plain chant, most god fearing choral music, but perhaps not the lone choirboy (even if they can hold a note) - I must admit, having listened fairly extensively - a good 50% of it I find acceptable (as though Bach was worried about my accfeptance of his work).

Tongue firmly in cheek.

:-P
Thanks for the link. Here's another you might like,if you don't have it already:

http://www.theclassicalstation.org

You're entitled to your opinion,of course. Because I don't speak German,I can't take a steady diet of his cantatas. When he wrote them,he was under paid and over worked and had to have a new one ready each Sunday. Many of them are GREAT;some of them are reworkings that sound like they were scribbled off on late Saturdays. ((See Spitta's Bach biography))