Music for Riding a Storm Out?

bout to sit down to 48rs in the house, located in west houston.

unfortunately i keep thinking of REO Speedwagon "Ridinng the Storm Out", but God they suck.

Maybe some Doors, good mood music. Once it passes, I'll probaby put on some mid 60 beatles. Anything I should consider?

(got ray charles on for now, probably go to something else now that a purty day is starting to get ugly)

rhyno
128x128rhyno
are you in texas? although i sincerely hope this doesn't happen to you or anyone else... stevie ray vaughan's "texas flood" and "couldn't stand the weather" come to mind.

best wishes in riding out the storm. my parents and brother are still in houston, too...

eric
Post removed 
Rachel

Obviously you speak without knowledge. So let me correct you:
1) my wife, PhD and the smartest person I've ever met, has been glued to the very admirable local TV news & the National Hurricane Center (www.nhc.noaa.gov), apprising me every 5 minutes since Wed afternoon re: the risk that west houston faced. all models have always pointed us to be subject to the much-weaker west side of the storm. we've never been a direct target.
2) we are > 60mi inland
3) we are not located in a flood zone. in fact, our area hasn't flooded in 20yrs+.
4) all the windows (the greatest risk in the path we are in is high winds @75-100mph) are boarded. couple that with the fact that our house is 1 story, highly aerodynamic (architects will know what i mean), and complete with a 1 month old roof, means we're personally in great shape.

5) houston, as a city, went nuts. people as far north as the woodlands (!) were evacuating, contributing to the problem(!!!) of fuel shortages & the infamous traffic congestion (3hr trips lasting 15 hrs) from yesterday. these people who unnecessarily evacuated (as a number of them did unnecessarily!), absorbed precious resources that those in real danger needed...open roads, gasoline, hotel rooms, diapers, etc etc etc.

(one person posted to a local TV news blog that she was so proud she was able to evacuate from conroe with her family, loaded into FOUR SUVs, complete with everything needed to leave for a month...such as her fine china, her computer, etc etc. my wife ripper her one on the board, along with similar sentiments from other reasonable people).

My guess is if you'd have been in our place, with our knowledge, you'd have done the same & stayed. Difference is the # of batteries we'd have bought (person 2 in front at the hardware store bought 7 pair of batteries, i bought 2 as i thought about exactly how much i would need for a few days, concerned with what my fellow storm-rider might need).

rhyno
No, you can rest assured that I would not be posting threads about what music to listen to during a hurricane.

While you still have power, you may want to google the term "natural selection" (or have your "PhD [sic] wife" explain it to you).
Rhyno...long time no talk. Bet Crumpers isn't sorry to be watching from afar.

Good luck, anyway.

I agree - not even imminent death or destruction would be enough to make me spin REO Speedwagon.

How 'bout Sam& Dave's "Hold On - I'm Coming"?