HiDiamond Speaker Cables

Even though I own all HiDiamond interconnects and power cords, I have maintained my DIY speaker cables that are made out of pure 9999 silver 14 & 18 gauge soft annealed wire.

I would be very interested in opinions of the D8 speaker cables from those of you who have them.
For biwire, do you have 2 separate runs or are you using jumpers?
128x128ozzy
Ozzy, below is a copy of my response to your post under power cables.

Ozzy, I have the D7 and use two pairs instead of jumpers. I find that two pairs of cables vs bi-wire or just a single run with jumpers give a better sound top to bottom. I found this to be with other brands I have also had in my system.
Not sure if it is speaker dependent or not. I have B&W 802D.
But several members in a Audio Club I belong to have found the same to be true and they all use different speakers.

IMHO if budget permits go with two pairs.

Out of all the HiDiamond cables I have had in my system I found the D7 to be one of the best speaker cables at its price point and competes with more costly cables I have had in my system.(Nordost, MIT, Synergistic, etc)

As far as the P3 and the #2 XLR cables, I did not found them to be any better then others brands in their price points. Not bad just not better.

I have been planing on selling my two pairs of D7 but have not had a chance yet to list them as work keeps getting in the way. So if you have any interest PM.

I hope the above helped.
Hifial, Thanks for your response. Not sure why you want to sell them if you like them so much but I would probably be more interested in the D8 speaker cables.
Ozzy,

I have a pair of D8's (shotgun) and compared them off other SC's up to $12K. What finally sold me were:
- accurate tonality
- ability to represent crystal highs but w/o any edge
- low Bass, tight - accurate
- reasonable cost.

In the end, for the ask and then delivery of these cables, the choice was easy.
Ozzy, I am always looking to better my system if and where I can. Also I prefer that my interconnect and speaker cables be of the same brand.
So I am evaluating some new cables that if all goes well I will stay with.

Regardless, I stand by my above statement of the D7 Speaker cables.

Good luck.