Krell 700cx, and Tara cobalt A/C power cord.

I have used many times in the past after market power cords with a Krell amp and result with a sound that was worse than the stock cord from Krell!, I am getting ready to send A Krell 700cx back to Krell to be renewed for me to last!, The amp is only 8 years old!, It came hard wired with a snake of a stock power cord!, My question is will a retail $5,000.00 Taralabs cobalt A/C power cord sound awsome with this amp?, My friend Jmcgrogan2 is telling me to get Krell to put an IEC input on the amp so I can use an after market power cord, I have extensive experience with Taralabs cables and know them very well!, However,I have never used a cobalt on a Krell 700 cx!, Will this work?, who has done this?, what was the sound out come?, Thankyou!
128x128audiolabyrinth
@ Mrvordo, Hi, Thankyou, This is some help, you are the closest to what The thread is about, did you have any problems with doing so?, your krell pulls some seious current!, My amp is very similar to yours, thou they sound different.,, cheers!
Since mine isn't a captive cord it was no problem. I have a dedicated line for the amp with 10 gauge wire and a 30 amp breaker. Changing from the 20a to 30a breaker made a bit of a difference, but not as much as the cable. I also added a Wattgate 381 Gold outlet, which was a further improvement, almost as much as the cable. So you might want to forget the cable and add a Wattgate outlet. Just for comparison, I had a PS Audio Power Outlet before the Wattgate. The Wattgate was definitely worth the price.
@ Mrvordo, Hi, I have went around and around with the electrical parts houses, they do make since thou, and I understand what they are saying, so, I will tell you, the electrical parts houses say, In no way can you run a 30 amp breaker to your amp!, I asked why?, they said that all american recepticals for the home for 110-120 are maximim 20amp, therefore you cannot use a 30amp breaker on a 20amp receptical, they said it would damage the amp and melt the receptical likly..,,,, Now my question to you is, how did you or how can you use a 30 amp breaker on a 20 amp receptical??,,, Krell said to use a 30 amp breaker on my amp to, untill I told them that all recepticals are 20 amp, krell then said keep my 20 amp breaker in!,, needless to say, I am confused here!,, As far as recepticals, I have a 10 gauge 30 amp electrical 3/1 wire going to a 20 amp receptical now, I am changing the receptical to the best built receptical I know of, It is berlinuim and very thick copper metal, all the metal is thicker than all the brands and models I know of and it is cryo treated!, They come from melbourne, Australia,, many, many audiophiles say this receptical out performs the ps audio power outlet that you are talking about, I will look into the wattgate you have, I have studied the recepticals for a very long time now, currently, the receptical from Australia is the best I have ever seen!, another thing is, your power cord is 20amps as well, how is that going to work with a 30 amp breaker?, The captive cord on my amp is a 30 amp power cord, It says 30 amp on it,, cheers.
Audiolabrynth, Have you looked into the Coconut Audio Power Cords? The manufacturer claims they are the best in the world.
@ Isochronism, Hi, No, I have not looked into Coconut power cords, However, It may not be the very best, I just bought a Taralabs cobalt with oyaide plugs back on june 28th to go on my source, it is a 20 amp power cord, I do believe there is no better power cord from the $9,000.00 class on down, my opinion only, what do I know, right!,LOL!, I have not even used the cobalt power cord yet untill I get my amp back from Krell.,, cheers.