Waaaah. Snapped off my cantilever.

Today I bumped the needle of my Dynavector XX-2 MkII, it's a big bucks cartridge for me, I've only had it about six months, and 2 of those months I couldn't use it because my pre-amp was in for re-tubing.

Makes me understand why some stick with CD's/Downloads and solid state equipment.

Looks like Soundsmith is the way to go to repair it, but please do chime in if you have any other recommendations. Thanks.
128x128darkj
I got right back on the horse Vicdamone. It was a lesson I will never forget though. I was in the set up process, and looking back I realize that I was rushing it a little bit. I couldn't wait to listen to this big, expensive cartridge. LOL!!
As I was checking the VTF on the digital scale for about the 5th time, the tonearm slipped and the cantilever snapped. Lesson learned, NEVER rush setting up a cartridge, or changing LP's, take your time.

I'm not nervous anymore, but I take my time and move very deliberately these days. :)
Hi John, I see that it was you who had the experience. As I said in my response to your e mail, sorry to read the news. If you go the Delos route, you won't be disappointed. Thanks again for looking at my ad. Bruce
I just had Andy repair 3 cartridges. turn around time was about 2 weeks after he got them. Havent got them back yet to see, but other work he has done for me has been first rate. I have also had Soundsmith do some cartridges, and they were excellent too, but about 12 weeks turn around time. Prices are comparable.
I recall the amount for a factory repair of an XX2MKII was $975, but that was a couple of years ago. I can't see any reason to spend that much, when the end result for a SS retip is a better sounding cartridge than the factory retip.

Dan