Remember the year and first vynil you ever bought?

Mine was Queen (The Game), purchased in 1980 at age 7. Thinking back and I'm sure my mom drove and treated on that occasion. Thanks mom.
brinmeliss
Dsper, my neighbors and I delivered newspapers to the house where Iron Butterfly lived, in San Diego, way before they were popular.
First vinyl I bought was Bill Haley & The Comets, "Rock Around the Clock" on a 45. I believe that was 1955 and I was 13. That was after receiving a Steelman portable radio/record player for Christmas. The first LP was "Party Doll" by Buddy Knox, I think in 1957.

My family always had a record player which they continued to use even after buying our first TV. As a kid I received a few 78 albums for Christmas and such but those were not vinyl. They were truly albums and included 4 or 5 records each. Those included Spike Jones' "Nutcracker Suite", Gene Autry singing western songs, and "Bozo Under the Sea" by a popular clown character of the time.

So, does this admission make me the oldest fart here?
My first 'vinyl' LP record.....
was Rolling Stones, Got LIVE If You Want It. 1966
(I was 14)
graham
In 1955 my local record shop sold 45's @ 79 each or 3 for $2.00.Taking advantage of the sale my first purchase of 45's
were
Down The Road by The Cadillac's
The Verdict by The 5 Keys
Don't Ever Leave Me by The Rivileers.
All my friends listened to Alan Freed on WINS and loved the music
Bought countless 45's since the early 60's when the Beatles were the biggest, hottest, hippest thing to hit the airwaves. I didn't buy an lp until '71 when the Black Sabbath "Paranoid" release became available in the U.S. Had to Wiki that to get the date correct.