...just wondering

if anyone has auditioned VPI's new ceramic platter....I understand that its a drop in upgrade to the Classsic platter. I just bought one (coming in 2 weeks or so) and was wondering if anyone has heard it.
128x128stringreen
No, but coincidentally, I spoke with Mike at VPI today about my Classic. Mike mentioned that in about 2 or 3 weeks VPI will be introducing a new tone arm for the Classic 2. The new tone arm will have a fixed gimbel like the Travler arm, but on steroids to match the performance of the Classic. In addition, VPI will be rolling out a custom Grado made to spec for the VPI CLassic.
Auditioned? How would anyone even hear about it? There is no mention of it on the VPI's website (or anywhere else that I know of, for that matter). Is there a secret VPI club where these things are announced?
Harry, you old fox and a genius at marketing at that. Create buzz and they will beat a path to your bank account. So, will the ceramic platter sound better then what you already have. Maybe. Best to offer a full refund to buyers that purchase. Proof is in the listening. In any event, VPI upgrades have always been an expensive path to improvement. It gives Harry profit with a 'long tail'. We will be listening.