How to reverse phase on a cartridge?

This may be unnecessary but I wanted to check - I have heard people using the Joule Electra OPS-1 phono preamp say that you need to reverse the phase on the cartridge because the pre reverses it.
I don't have the OPS-1 manual and Joule are not all that helpful. To say the least.
It sounds very good so maybe all is well.
My cart is a Dynavector DV20x high output MC.
I'm using the low gain setting on the pre. Thanks for any help.
rmcfee
Thanks BRF. Is out of phase quite noticable? It certainly is very noticable on things like electric guitar pickups.
Brf is correct, however, in most cases you will be better off changing the polarity on the speaker cable leads, switch black with red. The reason for this is that you may be running other sources through your Joule Electra preamp that do NOT invert polarity, CDP, MS, Tuner, etc.

That said, you need to know how your gear is wired. For example, my preamp inverts polarity, however, my CDP also inverts polarity. So I just wired my cartridge out of phase as Brf describes, and now my preamp inverts both CDP and phono back to absolute phase, so I don't need to switch my speaker cable leads.

However, if my CDP was NON-iverting, as most are, I would not invert my cartridge wiring, I would invert the speaker cable leads.

Does this make sense, or just add to the confusion?
OK thanks for that. I should have mentioned that it is a phono preamp only.
I don't hear anything odd, or thin sounding, so perhaps that indicates that all is OK.

Jmcgrogan2, please note that the only piece of equipment that inverts phase is the OP's standalone phono pre-amp, therefore, the OP only option is to switch the cartridge lead without affecting other sources in his system.
is out of phase noticeable?

Yes it can be. The sound will appear to come from no specific location i.e. no defined centre image etc.

Please note that not all source material is recorded with the same phase, therefore, it becomes a bit of a crap shoot.