Is the ''entry level'' DAC becoming extinct ?

The recent crop of Blu-ray players by Oppo and Cambridge Audio (752BD) as well as CD players are now giving access to their internal DACS, providing surprisingly good quality sound.

Just wondering how this will impact on the sale of the DacMagics and r-dacs types out there ?

I basically see it as head-on competition, and a win for the new access-in-the-box machines.
sonicbeauty
Computer Audiophile is reviewing the new pocket-size Meridian Explorer DAC with asynchronous USB, audiophile-quality capacitors, 24-bit/384kHz, customization via firmware, detachable USB cable, etc., for $299!
I think I may have incorrectly expressed myself in the original question.I was thinking of the DAC's becoming irrelevant for those still wishing to plays CD's while wanting to use an DAC for other inputs.

Also, qualifying DACS such as the HRT Streamer as ''high quality''is of course highly subjective.

There is an increasing demand for ''micro-DACs'' of course.

I am targeting more the $600- $1,200 DAC brakets as possible victims of the accessible-from-the-cd or Blu-ray machine DACS.
Thanks for re-stating your question. Although very subjective, many would say that $600 to $1,200 DACs are not entry level. The quality of many of the sub $500 DACs is really very good these days.

My comment was clearly aimed at entry level DACs, per your subject line. The HRT Streamer II and II Plus are "high quality entry level DACs". If you have not heard them, I think you would be surprised at their quality for the price. There are several reviews that rate the II+ better than the DacMagic that you mention.

Don't sell these entry level products short. They really can be quite good for the money. Of course, they are not in the $600 to $1200 price range.
One of the Best DAC for $$$$$ on market today TEAC UD 501 (DSD &
PCM)
Just for $850