Dynaudio C1 and voices

Picked up a pair of used C1s. Using a Mac 352 and Mac SS preamp. The room is mid sized. Speakers are about 7.5 feet apart, 46 inches from back walk and 54 inches from sides.

Very good sound staging and depth. OK detail, but voices are less than terrific. Is it that they are revealing and the voices are just poorly recorded? I do listen to a lot of live rock and jazz performances.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
dmm53
I have C-1's with all tube gear and the vocals are to die for. I've only heard C-1's on tube gear so I don't know how they sound on SS gear. When I use the turntable it sounds like the performers are in the room.
You might try a set of silver wires if you are using copper now. I find they can give the midrange a punch forward with some speakers. Your McIntosh stuff is not forward at all but neutral I feel.
Agree vocals on C1s should be to die for. Probably just some minor tweaking needed.

I have heard certain Nolas but not enough to offer any useful comparison to Dynaudio.
As a former owner of the original C1's and current owner of the C1 signatures there is a big difference between the 2. That being said the C1's are considered by a lot of folks who do think the C1's have a laid back sound (myself included). But I also believe the C1's have the best balance of lows - mids and highs. Now I had both the original C1 and the Sig's in my system. The difference is the originals sounded their best at high listening levels. The Sig's sound like the quality of the originals at high levels where the Sig's really shine at low to mid levels. In fact I personally thought the originals sounded 'nasally' at lower levels (but not nasally at high levels).

I'm not familiar with Nola's but I have auditioned the B&W 805 - 803d and 802d's. To me they were too much in the mids and especially in the highs. These are my opinions.