Better sound

Hi. Anyone using isolation platforms under their main speakers? I have Tekton Pendragon fronts and center which are truly full range. I'm still in the placement stage and having fun with their sound but wondering about the speaker "feet." I have hard wood floors so the whole spike thing will not work. Bought some Herbies big sliders but no floors are perfect and so........the speakers rock some due to the slight unevenness of the floor.
So, does anyone have experience with the newer Auralex Subdude HT?? I know they are advertised as "subwoofer platforms" but wouldn't they also do well with a full range front? Or is there a better solution? Thanks
128x128brianpack
Just be aware that anything you put under the speakers that is taller than the existing spikes is going to alter the sound by moving your ears out of the vertical sweet spot. You may have to compensate for this by changing your listening height as well.

I would suggest putting some floor protectors between the spikes and your hardwood floors. Parts Express sells these, or you could just use pennies.

The Pendragon is a fine speaker BTW.
06-03-13: Rodman99999
As much as I like Auralex products; anything you place under your main/full range speaker, that allows the cabinet to move, will blur imaging and smear transient detail.

I am definitely no expert in this area so find this statement very interesting. I was looking at Stillpoints isolation "feet". Would you say these would also have the same blurring and smearing effect you describe above? Very curious as I was thinking about trying these out under my monitors.

Thank you.
"Just be aware that anything you put under the speakers that is taller than the existing spikes is going to alter the sound by moving your ears out of the vertical sweet spot." Interesting! How do you know the OP's ears are IN the, "vertical sweet spot?" How high is his listening seat? How tall is he? A speaker that was so beamy, in the vertical plane, that it could not remain accurate if raised or lowered by an inch or two, would be pointless. How many people do you know, that are exactly the same height? Just curious! Just saying.....
Mr T- Stillpoints dealers are supposed to have demo pieces avaiable, for your audition. The Stillpoints are excellent for electronics and isolation from extraneous vibrations. They would not, however, couple a speaker cabinet to the floor, help drain it's vibrations, or prevent movement(in any plane). It's been my experience; these are paramount to accurate reproduction, whether speakers are box or planars. If you can find a Stillpoints dealer, that will allow a home demo; you have nothing to lose, by trying them. Happy listening!