Horning Eufrodites - help needed with boomy bass

Hi Eufrodites' users,

Can anyone help me with solving a serious issue of boomy bass?
Speakers are about 7 months old.

Do they still need time to break in?
Room acoustics? at first I thought so but the boominess is even at very low levels of sound.
I play them mostly with Jadis JA100 and the Sati 520b from Horning too. Boominess is on both setups.

Help!!!! There's nothing more annoying than boomy bass. I just can't enjoy music anymore.
Help!!!!

Thanks.
amuseb
Amuseb,
Tommy wasn't keen on the port damping approach apparently. Did he offer any suggestions for the bass issues you have? As the builder you'd think he knows this speaker better than anyone and could really help you.
Regards,
Hi there and thanks again for all the inputs.

Duke, I hope it's not over me that you're run into those sleepless nights.

Tommy isn't making many suggestions. He just says it's very uncommon to have such issues with the Eufrodites.

Jefferey of High Water Sound, Horning's importer in the US, recommends using either Eden Sound feet or Symposium bases for the Eufrodites. His recommendation isn't just for solving boominess but is a generic one.
Does anyone have any experience with those products?

Cheers.
I have found that putting speakers on a Symposium shelf will reduce the tendency for bass to boom, particularly if the flooring is suspended (not on a solid concrete base) and made of wood. I use Svelte Shelves (the thinnest Symposium platform) which is less than an inch thick. Other platforms are much taller. I would not say that platforms are a "generic" positive, they can make some systems sound too dry if that is already the tendency of the system. In other words, you will have to experiment.

If booming is an issue, energy absorbing shelves or footers like those by Stillpoint (also energy absorbing, and not designed to couple the vibrational energy to the floor) will be of help.
It would be very interesting to compare the "absorbing" product to the "mechanical grounding" method to hear which is more effective in minimizing/eliminating the bass boom . I'd hope Mr. Horning would offer more input, who has more insight on this speaker than him?
Regards,
"It would be very interesting to compare the "absorbing" product to the "mechanical grounding" method to hear which is more effective in minimizing/eliminating the bass boom."

It's not necessarily either/or; neither excludes the other.

Also, IF lowering the tuning frequency of the port by reducing its cross-sectional area (as described a few posts up) actually works, I think that approach holds out more promise than port-stuffing because it is less likely to have a downside.

Duke