Speakers for newbie

Hi everybody,
my 1st post but i spent lots of time reading the forums.

I've got Marantz SR6006 receiver and thinking about purchasing B&W P6 series. Ill be listening 50-70% to music and 30-40% movies.

Please let me guys know what do you think, any help greatly appreciated. Sadly my budget is only $1000

thx,
eMax
4zoranss
eMax,

The stated specs for your receiver rate the amp section at 110wpc with only two channels driven. I also noticed that the whole component weighs only 26lbs. I don't know, but I'm sensing that there isn't much of a power supply there. My two channel stand alone amp weighs around 40lbs.

Whatever you get, I'd stick with speakers that have a pretty stable impedance curve and are pretty efficient. I'd stay away from B&Ws. They really like power to sound their best.
Great suggestion of Hsu Research. Several packages in your price range. I own their subs but not their monitors. I found a pair of great metal stands by Sanus at Parts-Express. Great value.
@Bob Reynolds: I would say my room is medium size 18'x22.
Ultimately i am looking @5.1
But i rather buy now 2 front speakers and next year another 2.
Do you guys think i made mistake of buying SR6006?

My Current setup is 5.1 with SpeakerCraft 4x Aim3, Center MTR3C and sub Valodyne VRP-12. I had to go with Ceiling speakers due to room layout.

In 2 weeks we are moving to new place with normal layout :).

I was hoping i could keep the center speaker (IMHO is pretty good) and sub. and this year buy decent pair of fronts.

Do you think if I add another $500 or $1000 i could buy better set?
thanks guys for your help!
@tbromgard:
I read about Tekton design, they could be good match
whats your take Lore or Mini Lore?