What are Epicure 3.0 Pyramid speakers worth?

I have a pair of Epicure 3.0 Series II Pyramid speakers that I am considering selling but I need to know how much to ask for them. I re-foamed the woofers and midranges about 15 years ago and had great results except for a rattle in one of the midrange drivers. I replaced both midrange drivers with some unknown name drivers I found at the local electronics store. They (the mids) have a power rating of 200 watts and sound good but are more efficient than the originals so I added l-pads to attenuate them. They now sound as good as the originals minus the rattle. I will include the original midrange drivers for the perfectionist to have rebuilt. The foam tweeter covers are in great shape. The front foam covers have long since disintegrated so I replaced them with round auto stereo speaker grilles. Not original but a good look anyway. I understand these speakers sold for $1000.00+ back in the 70's. Anybody out there have any input?
mandobassman
I think Racamuti knows what these things sound like, and that is what I'm trying to sell. I did a search like Racamuti did and found someone selling just the cabinets without drivers for $300.00. Granted that dosen't mean they sold for that but it does suggest that these speakers in fully functioning condition with cabinets in nice condition are easily worth $350.00 or more. At this point I have to say I think I picked the wrong forum for my subject and I will look elsewhere for vintage enthusiasts. Thank you all for your input both positive and negative.
If your looking for a site loaded with vintage enthusiasts, check out www.audiokarma.org.
I own two EPI vintage loudspeakers. What drives the value down is that you need a very specific buyer for your Epicure 3s and it's a very small pool of them. Furthermore, depending upon where you're located, since practically speaking you can't ship them, the buyer pool could be miniscule. Whoever will buy your speaker is someone who really likes vintage EPI/Epicure loudspeakers. The idea that you could get some random person to pay $300+ for a pair of 40 year old, modified loudspeaker just because they sound pretty okay is a fantasy upon your part. You need to find an EPI collector. It is possible that you could get $300 for them, but it might take you a year to do it.

Try the AudioKarma website.

Good luck and please post what happens.
Mandobassman, I just checked ebay and there was not one single bid on EPI/Epicure speakers, used drivers or brochures. I doubt there is any following at all, except for you. Since you like the speakers so much you should have the original mids repaired professionally, restore the rest of the speaker and keep them because a market for your speakers does not exist.
Mondo, you'll get whatever someone wants to pay. I own and use EPI 100s in a bedroom system and they sound really good powered by a Sansui AU D-11. I paid $45 with original boxes. Responding like you did, sounded like everyone here was supposed to be as enamored as you and willing to make you an offer upon knowledge of their availability. A couple of responses sounded harsh but we all are allowed our opinions. I saw one Internet ad for just the empty boxes. Maybe that's how to market them, a piece at a time rather than as damaged/non stock speakers. Good luck.