Anyone going to the NY Audio show today to Sunday

I'm going Saturday and Sunday.
Hours of the show are today, Friday, 2pm to 8pm.
Saturday 10am to 6pm.
Sunday 10am to 5pm.

Location of show is in Midtown at 455 Madison Avenue (between 50th and 51st streets) at NY Palace Hotel.

https://www.facebook.com/NewYorkAudioShow

Number to call for tickets.
1-888-71-84253
http://www.chestergroup.org/newyorkaudioshow-tickets.
If you buy tickets, they'll send you an email and you just print out the ticket.
doug99
Thanks for reminding me guys. The Kaiser/LessLoss room was fantastic. Last year it was on of the best sounds at the show for me as well. Also, the Zellaton/CH Precision room was remarkable playing Sonny's "Way Out West".

Well, as for all the "negativity"...yes, the ridiculously overpriced world of audio leaves me a bit jaded. Look, I'm an enthusiast. I love to get up close and admire the craftsmanship and skill required to make beautiful looking turntables, gorgeous speaker cabinetry and the "bling" of a shinny tube amp, but at the end of the day it's about the sound, and if I don't like it I will say so. Just because I publicly voice my dislike of a manufacturer doesn't mean I don't appreciate their attendance. It's simply not my cup of tea...to each his own.

Let's not forget this is what we do in our spare time because it's a fun hobby and we love music reproduced through a stereo system. If you go to a car show, must you leave it praising every single car? Must you like every wine at a wine tasting? And if you don't, does that mean your not thankful for the event? People who are enthusiasts, regardless of hobby, are entitled and encouraged IMO, to critique what they experience, the good and the bad.
Devilboy, I get your point, and I tend to agree with you. In fact, besides my love of music, my (and my wife's) appreciation of fine wine is one of my other favorite avocations. And when I'm at a tasting and may not like a particular wine, I still thank the vintner for coming to the show and allowing me to taste samples of their stuff. Of course we won't always like every audio system we hear, but let's at least appreciate the fact that these guys worked their butts off to allow us to hear and critique their systems. If we don't show some gratitude, these audio shows, just like our beloved local audio shops, will soon disappear.
Was my first time at an audio show. As you might expect, I experienced some great things while I was there. I experienced some radical version of "settling in" as the system adjusts and warms up. I also gained a deeper appreciation for the strength of the effect the room has on the audio. I was amazed, as well, at how changes in speaker position of merely 1-2mm can potentially create a dramatic improvement or degradation in perceived sound quality (from multiple positions in the room).

Great to compare a lot of high end systems at the show. Also great to just sit in and listen, without comparing, and just take in the musical performances. Sadly, there was a fair amount of music that was just over-the-top loud. Oh well.

Strange how the show seems to get a lot of traction by way of what speakers are playing. It's like lots of folks came in to see and hear the speakers, but forget about all the rest of the equipment that was essential in producing that sound to begin with.

I'd love to go again sometime. Great experience.
Well said, Adam18. I always thank the guys in the rooms, even if I didn't like what I heard.