Anyone going to the NY Audio show today to Sunday

I'm going Saturday and Sunday.
Hours of the show are today, Friday, 2pm to 8pm.
Saturday 10am to 6pm.
Sunday 10am to 5pm.

Location of show is in Midtown at 455 Madison Avenue (between 50th and 51st streets) at NY Palace Hotel.

https://www.facebook.com/NewYorkAudioShow

Number to call for tickets.
1-888-71-84253
http://www.chestergroup.org/newyorkaudioshow-tickets.
If you buy tickets, they'll send you an email and you just print out the ticket.
doug99
what impressed me most was how LOW the performance to price ratio was in just about every room. I heard very few systems that really sounded good to my ears and many VERY expensive systems that sounded pretty darn lousy.
Agree, Dodgealum, but I was trying to accentuate the positive. I've not heard much of the gear that was there before and I'm prone to say that my preference for all tube gear didn't fit in very well w most of the systems there. The VAC Statement/VAC signature/Raidho system was probably the "best", IMO, and one of the more expensive, but the again, the Wilson Maxx and the big Genesis systems were also at the far end of the price curve and were astonishingly mediocre. As far as high performance/price ratio, I would have to say there were two- the stacked "clue" monitors and the Coincident room. It is quite astonishing that one guy can produce speakers, pre-amps and power amps that all sound "right". They are not cheap, but in the fantasy world that high end has become, I think that they provided the best value at the show. I overheard Israel Blume tell a potential customer that while they could not compete in overall dynamics and roomfilling ability, that his mid-price speaker ($10K, one third the most of his top line speaker_was the value sweet spot, Now that's a guy I can really admire! And yeah, there are more than a few well chosen and well set up systems at a fraction of the cost of some of the ones I heard, that outperformed them in every way. But then again, most people don't listen the way I do, either.
I went for a total of 14 hours listening to every room in contention for my
personal best of show at least 3x over 2 days:

Top tier in alphabetical order:
Burmester/Genesis
Coincident Technology
D'agostino/Alexia/MBL (and with no room treatments!)
TAD with Viola electronics and Feickert turntable
Zellaton

Runners up:
Joseph Audio Pulsars
Sanders
VPI room with VPI table, Joseph Audio Pearls and VAC Citation amps

Rooms that I expected to sound good but did not:
Vivid room
KEF Blades in Audio Doctor room (although the Kronos table looked great and
I bet would sound better with the proper set up)

Room that I could not get to and therefore cannot pass judgment:
MBL

Best value
KEF LS50 ----tremendous value @$1,500
Hi Chayro,

Yes, I'm Jeff Joseph. It's too bad you weren't able to get a seat, judging the sound balance from a standing position is unpredictable. Perhaps you were stuck in a bass null. The bass in the seats was excellent, I had many ask me if we were using a subwoofer ! We weren't.

I have the Charlie Daniels album too, I bought it on Harry Weisfeld's recommendation, along with Frankie Laine and the Zubin Mehta interpretation of The Planets.
In short, disappointed. Being an enthusiast, I love to look at components and admire craftsmanship, but sound-wise, not much "wowed" me. 80-85% of what I heard left me saying, "I want to go home and listen to my system".

Best sounds, in no particular order:

Harbeth, Red Wine, Bricasti
Brodmann
Martin Logan CLX
Innersound

Biggest disappointments:

KEF Blade, Chord, some 'table that had counter-rotating platters. (considering the $, worst sound at show).
Coincident speakers/amplification.
Raidho.
Many others as escaping me at this time. I'll chime in
if I remember.

Also, one major disappointment that MANY rooms were guilty of: LOUSY MUSIC PLAYED TOO LOUDLY. Nothing chases me out of a room faster than anything electronic. This includes guitar, bass guitar or anything synthesized (i.e. "club" music). This is not how to determine if a system can accurately reproduce recorded acoustic sounds. IMO.
One thing i noticed about the Dan D'Agostino Momentum Preamplifier, it has tone controls.
It has a bass and treble control and a tone defeat control if you dont want to use them.