Anyone going to the NY Audio show today to Sunday

I'm going Saturday and Sunday.
Hours of the show are today, Friday, 2pm to 8pm.
Saturday 10am to 6pm.
Sunday 10am to 5pm.

Location of show is in Midtown at 455 Madison Avenue (between 50th and 51st streets) at NY Palace Hotel.

https://www.facebook.com/NewYorkAudioShow

Number to call for tickets.
1-888-71-84253
http://www.chestergroup.org/newyorkaudioshow-tickets.
If you buy tickets, they'll send you an email and you just print out the ticket.
doug99
I have to agree with alot of people, the best sounding speakers were the Coincident Pure Reference Extreme Loudspeakers. I'm not even a fan of Ceramic drivers, but these Coincident speakers sound great.
I'v heard speakers that used Ceramic drivers that sounded dry.
These Coincident speakers sounded very smooth and sweet and the bass was upbeat and tight. I'm pretty sure those 12 inch woofers on the side of the Coincident speakers are either Scanspeak or Peerless woofers.

I also heard the Wilson Maxx 3 speakers with top of the line VTL tube amps and VTL preamp and something was wrong with the Maxx 3 speakers. There was no bass and the mids sounded messed up.

The Wilson Sasha's sounded nice on the Lamm 1.2 amps and VTL preamp. I liked the Sasha's better then the Wilson Alexia's.
The Alexia's seemed to have a very detailed type sound.
While i felt the Sasha's were smoother sounding.

On the other hand, i heard the 100,000 Gammut S9 speakers on an all Gamut system and these speakers just weren't that good.
They were way to boomy and the midrange wasn't that accurate.
I was really impressed by the Woo audio headphone amps.
They had like 6 or 7 headphone amps you can listen to with sennheiser, Beyerdynamic and Stax headphones.

I loved the WA5 300B tube headphone amp with the tube power supply. They used 300B tubes in the headphone amp
They had that tube sound and could play loud without breaking up. I also liked the Woo Audio WA22 tube headphone amp, but this didn't use a separate tube power supply. It still sounded great.

I also like that pure vinyl program from Channel D for getting vinyl onto a computer. Channel D also showed their pure music program which talked how to get the best sound from Itunes to your computer. ($129 for Pure Music and Pure Vinyl is $279).

There were alot of good tube preamps there.
The TRL Dude, Manley 300B tube preamp, Coincident Statement Line Stage.
There were so amazing looking turntables there from the Kronos, to the Triangle Reference Turntable to the Audio Note Kondo Turntable and the Redpoint Audio Designs Model D Turntable.
I was in the rooms that played the Vivid Giya G3 speakers, TAD Reference 1 speakers and Zellaton speakers. But everytime i went into either of these rooms, they seemed to be playing piano or chamber music, so their was no way i could judge the sound of the speakers.
Mat of VPI played the Devil went down to Georgia by Charlie Daniels in the Joseph Audio, VPI room. That was the room that had the Joseph Audio Pearl 3s.
I went on Friday and really enjoyed the show experience. However, what impressed me most was how LOW the performance to price ratio was in just about every room. I heard very few systems that really sounded good to my ears and many VERY expensive systems that sounded pretty darn lousy. I kept asking myself why this might be the case. Even the Harbeth Monitor 30.1's sounded just OK and that is a speaker line that I am very familiar with and have heard sound exceptional either in my own home or in a dealer demo. I suppose the rooms may have been at issue but the room sizes and configurations varied considerably and many of them seemed, at least from what I could tell, to be pretty good spaces. I walked away wondering how many new converts would be created when price tags were so high and performance so lacking. It also made me sad that these shows have become the primary way that audio firms are marketing their wares. I've had some transformative experiences in dealer demos but was largely unmoved by what I heard on Friday. I may be running against the grain here, but I've heard properly set up systems in decent rooms that were a fraction of the cost of most of what was out there on Friday that sounded way better.
what impressed me most was how LOW the performance to price ratio was in just about every room. I heard very few systems that really sounded good to my ears and many VERY expensive systems that sounded pretty darn lousy.
Agree, Dodgealum, but I was trying to accentuate the positive. I've not heard much of the gear that was there before and I'm prone to say that my preference for all tube gear didn't fit in very well w most of the systems there. The VAC Statement/VAC signature/Raidho system was probably the "best", IMO, and one of the more expensive, but the again, the Wilson Maxx and the big Genesis systems were also at the far end of the price curve and were astonishingly mediocre. As far as high performance/price ratio, I would have to say there were two- the stacked "clue" monitors and the Coincident room. It is quite astonishing that one guy can produce speakers, pre-amps and power amps that all sound "right". They are not cheap, but in the fantasy world that high end has become, I think that they provided the best value at the show. I overheard Israel Blume tell a potential customer that while they could not compete in overall dynamics and roomfilling ability, that his mid-price speaker ($10K, one third the most of his top line speaker_was the value sweet spot, Now that's a guy I can really admire! And yeah, there are more than a few well chosen and well set up systems at a fraction of the cost of some of the ones I heard, that outperformed them in every way. But then again, most people don't listen the way I do, either.