Magico S5 vs Tannoy Westminster Royal SE

Hello, I need some opinion about these 2 speakers. I plan to acquire one of them.
Anyone who owned or tried these speakers please share your experience.

I won't be looking for any other brand.

I will use VAC sigma 160i to drive the westminster
Vs
Hegel H30 Stereo to drive the Magico S5.

Thank you.

Regards,
aprica
04-01-13: Mulveling
I also think that the Prestige models are more coherent sounding from top to bottom than the S5. The Tannoy bass is better integrated into the music, in my opinion
Mulveling, I can see you are a big Tannoy fan, but I am perplexed by your answer as the S5's are perfectly phase and time coherent. May I ask if the S5's you auditioned were fully, or mostly run in, what accompanying components you heard them with & the approximate size of the room?
03-29-13: Bhobba
Magico is of the accuracy detail type and, to some like me, can come across as perhaps a bit brittle, dry and uninvolving, but due to the very low resonance fast, very uncolored, and articulate.
I am not sure which amps you heard those S5's with? however the S5's are best matched with warm, tube-like solid state amps and then they sound magical. I've heard the S5's with both Vitus and Dartzeel which both have excellent synergy. Anecodotally Hegel and Constellation also work well, though I haven't heard those combo's. In general, with warm, musical sounding amps like Dart, the S5's sound more relaxed, musical and flowing. You could also try cables like Jorma Prime which are very well balanced, natural sounding, harmonically rich & have a liquid flow which I think would compliment the S5's very well. Siltech Royal Sig series also work well with Magico. As always, it is a matter of synergy.
Bhobba is absolutely right, the Magicos are brittle on many pieces, and he really is on the money with Rockports. Though I prefer the Tannoys for FAR less money than what I would consider a competitive Rockport, the Rockports are a very credible speaker that have a nice low distortion delivery.
The Westminsters, which I listen to for hours daily, are far more seamless and integrated top to bottom. The distortion is much lower. They are far easier to drive. The are absolutely superior on voices, which is the toughest test. They are more dynamic. They scale far better.

While monetarily not in the same league as most of the posters on this thread, I have achieved, for far less of an investment, the kind of performance provided by Tannoys.

Alnico drivers, pepperpot high frequency drivers, and hard edge surrounds, all in ca 1975 drivers, the HPD 315.

Crossovers are custom designed and built, cabinets are custom made 150 litre bass-reflex, at nearly 2" thick and each weighing 192lbs.

They are able to provide me with musical enjoyment I could not have afforded otherwise, and in a very large room, to boot (16'.5" X 34', w/cathedral ceiling).

They are happy to be driven by 300Wpc SS, or 35Wpc (VAC PA 35.35).

Tannoy has proven to be endearingly reliable, flexible, and wonderful music makers. These will be my last speakers, others need not apply.

I wish you all the enjoyment that I am having, no matter what you do it with.

Regards,
Dan

They provide me with