PMC vs. Salk Sound Speakers. Which is better?

PMC speakers out of England have come on like a freight train in recent years including being awarded an Emmy for outstanding performance as speakers in mixing sound tracks for top motion pictures. Their high end home line of speakers always get good reviews but their prices seem very high compared to other speakers. Salk appears to make great speakers at much lower prices. For example, the Salk Veracity HT3 costs $6K and the PMC PB1i cost $14K. Has anyone compared these brands and which do you think is better?
audiozen
Hello, hello !

I have not heard Salk speakers yet but, in its price range, I can tell that the PMC Twenty 24 is a real killer. I've made extensive listening sessions, with all kinds of different equipment thrown in (CD players ranging from 700 to 4500€, my old and beloved McIntosh MC2100 as well as B&K, Heed and Atoll amplifiers, Devialet integrated, McIntosh, Heed or Ayre preamps, balanced and unbalanced cables, etc), different kinds of music, and pretty much everything sounded incredibly good. HUGE bass for such a small speaker but, if I had to summarize there greatest quality, it would be "beautifully non-fatiguing". The kind of speakers which want you to - I know it's a cliché but, hey !, it's true... - re-listen to all your albums again and again. Very, VERY convincing !

So that's why I've now ordered Salk's Veracity ST's. After all, we all have "the right to know", right ? ;o)
Are you kidding me ? I have had and sold many Speakers in my day
And Solen capacitors Suck,as well as the white ceramic resistors gritty not refined at all. Look at Magico,or YG Mundorf Capacitors,and resistors as well as inductors. You donot skimp if sonic purity is important to you.
The other parts are decent. Personally if you want top value for a Boutique company ,considered one of the best designers in the industry
Bamburger loudspeakers have designed for Svs,Sonus Faber,Thiel
And a bunch of others including Salk when they were starting out.
PMC make some good speakers but lacking at premium parts.
Parts like the worlds best Duelund resistors, and capacitors Mundorf makes good Xover products, clarity MR, Jupiter Ht all top shelf quality parts.I was just trying to point out besides the drivers ,the Xover is th Brain ,
Tuning,as well as quality drivers and cabinet will determine how pure and clean The music is ,as long as th cables, and electronics are of good quality.
I haven't heard Salk either, but I have a pair of PMC FB1i's and a pair of Reference 3A Grand Veenas. In an odd turn of events I recently purchased the PMC's at close to full pop, which was more than 1000 dollars more than I bought the GV's for used.

I do like the FB1i's but they are limited compared to a full blown statement loudspeaker such as the GV's. This would be the case in any comparison where price gets involved. I think PMC need to either get their cost down and pass it along, or amplify what they deliver for the money. The FB1i for all it's merits, which are many isn't really constructed in an impressive way when compared to other loudspeakers at even lower price. I know they are still 'made in England'. Performance wise compared to the GV; FB1i lacks bass and the midrange just seems missing. Like I said these things are levels apart in construction and configuration. I use them now in a second system and am quite happy.

I look forward to hearing what can be done in the new 'fact' form factor that PMC is so excited about. Will be interesting...
A friend has Salk Songtowers and they're well built and sound nice. I would never buy that particular speaker because I don't like floorstanders but they do sound very nice. Salk is a young company but they have a good following. Nothing wrong with that.

PMC is in an entirely different league.
PMC is a great speaker at used prices,not MSRP....
IB2s are incredible stand mounts and mate best with Sound Anchors but with a retail of nearly $16,000 is insane.
I hade a pair of IB1 that were built in 2000 and they sounded great even after 10yrs and some AB1 that were 13yrs old and sounded great.
..IB2 with that BIG mid can reproduce some great vocals and $7750 is alot better than $16,00+$1000 for stands