Floorstanders 3K

I have been out of the audiophile loop for awhile and after a decade or so I have been bitten by the upgrade bug and am looking to replace my Vandy 2CE signatures. I would like something a little more "livelier" and better suited for listening to classic and modern rock. I would prefer not to have to use a sub if possible. Sources are evenly split between digital and analog, running Rogue M-120 monoblocks for amplification and Rogue 66 magnum preamp. Room is roughly 16 X 16 but also opens up to a kitchen/dining area (open concept). Need some direction on where I should start looking.
brianvoelz
Brian - If by "livelier" you mean brighter than neutral, there are dozens of choices out there. But my vote for a good, full-range floorstander within your budget is the Ohm Walsh 2000 ($2800/pr). I have owned them for about 3 years, and the honeymoon continues. A full review is posted in the user review section of Audiogon, and there is a huge thread on Ohm Micro Walsh Talls that should be an interesting read for you. I enjoy a lot of different genres, including mordern rock, as well as some classic rock, mostly Bowie and Pink Floyd. These speakers go deep, cleanly, and can play loudly without strain.

They may need a tad more power than your Rogues offer, but might be okay, since they're tube watts. Ohm offers a 120-day in home trial. If you return them, you loose the round trip shipping.
Oh, almost forgot. Another good choice, Golden Ear Tritons. Same price range, with built-in powered woofers. Smooth, clean and dynamic.