Sanders 10c Owners

I recently purchased Roger Sanders' 10c speaker system, which I find to be truly outstanding. After having gone through a series of speakers over the last 15 years, including their predecessors (Innersounds), Joseph Audio, SoundLabs, and Audiokinesis, I honestly believe that I have found my personal ideal.

I am driving the electrostatic panels with an additional Magtech. My question to other owners is, which amp are you using for this purpose? If it's not a Magtech (or Sanders ESL), what are you using and why? My intention is not to present this as any sort of challenge. Really, I just want to share your experience. Thanks very much in advance.
curriemt11
That would break the laws of physics to have a flat panel speaker that sounded the same everywhere. Maybe more similar in more locations in a given particular room, but exactly the same everywhere is an absolute impossibility.

Stepping into the practical world, I've heard them many times and they positively, absolutely, did not sound nearly the same as I moved around a bit in the listening position.

I had to return several times, at a couple of different shows, to get the sweet spot position so the sound was not heavily biased toward one speaker.

Now I'm sure we will get fanboy comments about how I'm wrong, and how the setup was not right (even though the designer set them up and was demoing them!).

Nice sounding stat. But immune from listening position woes? Ridiculous. Stat dynamic limitations? You bet.
The sweet spot is the sweetest spot. It sounds three demensional, involving, incredible. It is not bad at all out of the sweetspot but I don't listen out of the sweet spot. My wife thinks the sound is awesome from the front door of the sound room, but, again, thats not where we listen from. These stats totally take the room away from the equation.
07-06-14: Cerrot
The sweet spot is the sweetest spot. It sounds three demensional, involving, incredible. It is not bad at all out of the sweetspot .....
that's what I thought too when I listened to them at RMAF2013. The room was very active & I managed to get a seat almost in front of the right speaker. I listened on both Fri & Sat & both times the room was full & ended listening out of the sweet-spot.
So, a question, Cerrot: I'm curious to know approximately how wide the sweet-spot is? Does one have to keep one's head in a vice to the 3-D, involving & incredible sound? Can one move one's head around, say, like Stevie Wonder does when he's singing & still reap the 3-D, involving & incredible sound?
My wife thinks the sound is awesome from the front door of the sound room...
this seems to indicate that the speaker has pretty good vertical dispersion as well because when she's standing her ears must be above the top of the speaker?
Thanx for the feedback.
Bombaywalla, the speakers do have a very tall and wide (not unrealistic) sound stage. I heard my friends Magico Minni II a while back and while he loved them, I felt there was only have a height of a sound stage - thats how the sanders stats spoiled me. Now, remember, the stats are upgraded from what Roger had in 2013. The new aluminum bass driver makes a world of difference. As for the width of the sweetspot - I have a rediculous barco lounger for my chair - its big and wide and I dance in it while I listen. No vice and no sitting in an imaginary position. I am dancing in my chair. Left to right, up and down. I also upgraded the digital crossover from audiosmiles. with the 2 magtechs and tara labs the one IC and speaker cable, I know theres better, but I cant really imagine it. Take a look at my pics on my system page. The speakers are almost 6 feet and Im a short guy so they are above my standing ear.
..and there are no stat dynamic limitations on the 10D. Truly mind boggling. I can play large symphonic music with the huge drums at very high volume - you name it. They take it. They violate every premise of stats. Know why? Roger Sanders is a genius.