Sanders 10c Owners

I recently purchased Roger Sanders' 10c speaker system, which I find to be truly outstanding. After having gone through a series of speakers over the last 15 years, including their predecessors (Innersounds), Joseph Audio, SoundLabs, and Audiokinesis, I honestly believe that I have found my personal ideal.

I am driving the electrostatic panels with an additional Magtech. My question to other owners is, which amp are you using for this purpose? If it's not a Magtech (or Sanders ESL), what are you using and why? My intention is not to present this as any sort of challenge. Really, I just want to share your experience. Thanks very much in advance.
curriemt11
I have the 10C system, and I also use Magtech's for both the woofer and panels. Previously, I had used NAT Audio Generator Monoblocks for the panels.

I like the idea of tubes for the upper and SS for the lower, but the zero maintenance of the Magtech is sort of a no-brainer.
I have the Innersound Kayas, which were designed by Roger, and in many ways are very similar to his current speakers. For the panels I am using a tube amp that was designed for these speakers, but barely made it to market before Innersound closed. I had tried several different solid state amps, but never was captivated like I am with this combination of tubes and electrostats. I believe there are a few tube amps out there that can deal with the extreme impedance dips. One that I thought was fantastic was David Bernings OTL. Not sure of the model, but it was a 70 watt stereo amp, and had no trouble driving the Kayas. I've also heard that the CAT
Amps can handle them. Good luck in your search
Carl
Czapp,

There's actually no search involved. I'm quite happy with the Magtech. My question was purely out of curiousity.

I am, however, intrigued by your amps. You see, I owned the Innersound 3.5 when Roger was developing those amps. I was hoping to give them a try at the time. Didn't know that they actually became a marketed product. Glad they worked out for you.

I drove the Innersound panels with both solid state (the ESL) and tube amps (Atma-Sphere M-60 and Rogue Zeus). The OTL struggled a bit, but the Zeus was excellent.
Curriemt
I had heard about the amp, which was called the itube, but there were only a few made, and none to be found. The designer began marketing them under the brand name western reserve. There is actually a review of it on Six Moons.
I contacted the designer, and although he was no longer in business, he was able to make one for me. I have had it now for six years, and it has worked flawlessly with sound that really makes the stats sing. This is one I'm taking to the grave with me!