New tv?

Well it looks like the not so old Samsung 50 inch plasma is on its last legs. It has a blue vertical band running down the left side and repair folks are telling me it is likely the display panel which cost as much or more than a new TV to repair. So what are you folks liking these days as the best TV for home theater? This is a set up with an oppo 103 and NAD integrated amp and Sonus fabar toy towers. We are looking for a 55 inch set and are wondering if plasma is still the best way to go? As always thanks for any suggestions.
audiowoman
I forgot one important thing: Samsung is a lot more powerfull in ansilumen compared to Panasonic. Pansonic did improve it compared to last year. But Samsung does this still a lot better. There is almost no content in 4k. At this moment it doesn't matter. In the movie theaters it will come quite soon. But before broakcast is in 4 k, we are many years further. Wenn you see in the past, that this is the main reason why new formats go very very slow.
Jjrenman, when I set mine to highest rate (240Hz) movies look like video made by home camera (soap opera effect). There is a reason why movie makers still record exactly 24 frames/s while technology allows for much more.

http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-feed/2013/05/why-does-my-new-tv-make-movies-look-like-soap-operas.html

Perhaps I can train my brain over long time but for now fluid motion at 240Hz looks HORRIBLE. Watching one movie in this mode I felt like seeing "behind the scenes" TV program - all magic was gone. I switched back to low rate and the movie came back. It is nice to have it for sports but I'm not sure how much difference 600Hz offers vs 240Hz.
Colour realism; led is not able in giving realism in colours. Like the colour green. Use a pro camera and record gras. Take a look at the gras in real and to a led screen. The difference is soooo big. Even wenn people give me the best led for free I would not use it. The same a depth. Led often almost look 2-dimensional. Led screen's are sold a lot only cause of less knowledge. Brightness per 1cm2 by plasma is bigger compared to led. People often think that led is a lot brighter. Because the get the wrong information. Wenn I tell the differences most choose for plasma. And not because it is my own preference.
Post removed 
Post removed