Manufacturer Repairs? What is a reasonable time?

I sent a solid state amp back to the manufacturer in the USA on March 16 for a minor repair - one channel input not working - despite 4 phone calls and 4 e-mails - he hasn't even started the repair. Doesn't respond to emails but does answer the phone and says he is busy and is alone. I Will not identify him yet, since I'm not sure what the "norm" is, since I have always been thoroughly spoiled by Bel Canto, Atmasphere, CJ, AR, acoustic Zen, Cambridge, EAR, who respond immediately and usually have my unit back in 2 weeks. So when do I start to play "ugly", realizing that the economy is bad and manufacturers may be struggling?
springbok10
Post removed 
Elizabeth is right, but if that small manufacturer has visions of growing, they had best get their customer service in order and not make it a second or low priorrity IMHO.
Elizabeth, unusually similar story but not my pre. I love dealing with little boutique works and have had honest service from all but this manufacturer.

As I said, they were, and still are, notoriously famous for pulling the ol' oki-doke for service. I find absolutely no excuse for lying, dodging messages, and emails. I recall taking to using strange phones to avoid their caller ID which worked well but the hook was already set.

In the end a formal letter sent signature required mail seemed to stoke the fire. Damn silly actually.
Too much high end pricing for low end service in this industry. Too be fair, there are some notable exceptions, that do provide outstanding service.
Maybe none. If the unit is under warranty, most will simply replace it and later sell the unit, repaired, as 'B'Stock.