Recommendations for a "summer" amp?

Living in a hot southern climate I'm considering acquiring a 2nd amplifier for summertime use as a backup to my Pass Labs amp which runs quite warm. Solid state, cool-running, fairly recent vintage (don't want to invest in service) with a used price somewhere below $800. I had a good candidate in storage but I gave it to my brother so I need some recommendations. My system is comprised of an ARC tube pre and B&W Matrix 800 series speakers.
abrew19
My "summer amp" is the Marantz AVR in my HT system. The sound quality is good enough considering that the noisy AC unit is running full blast anyway, which trumps serious listening.
I would suggest any of the upper-tier Parasound amps from the 2-channel HCA series: HCA-3500, HCA-2200II, HCA-1500 (in descending order of wattage/power). Between 10 and 15 years old; should range in price, used, from ~$800 (HCA-3500) to ~$350 (HCA-1500). They're all rated for 4 ohms; the 2200II is rated down to 2 ohms. The 3500 and 2200II are probably the ones you want for those speakers.
Abrew19,

I totally share your need. Have a pair of XA160.5's. Prior to acquiring these 131lb. marvels, I modified the %$^# out of a Hafler 500. I don't mind and will share info on the many multiple mods if requested, but the short of it is the 500 is a pretty cool amp - literally and figuratively. If one can be found that's been modified by John Hillig @ Musical Concepts, it'll provide the needed dividends. Parallel to my Pass, its soundstage is as wide and deep. One thing that continues to be so engaging is the height of soundstage with the 500. This is one attribute not shared with the XA 160.5 - which is not to say I am anywhere dissatisfied with it. Jus' sayin....