Boulder has full page ad in Du-pont registry

They have an ad in the current Du-pont registry. It's on page 3 and there is a Lamborghini on the front cover of the magazine. It's strange to me that they would advertise in Du-pont registry. Outside of the high-end world I don't believe anyone knows who they are. I can see if Mc Intosh advertises in there. They are a household name like Cadillac or Harley Davidson.

I guess business is slow an they are on a fishing expedition. I guess they figure they might catch a few whales. I personally think if they want to gamble they should go to Las Vegas.

Most car guys could care less about high-end audio. (Sure there are a few that are into it but not many) The music car guys love is what comes out of their exhaust. I know 2 guys that own Ferrari's and they never put the stereo on in their car. They love the symphony of the Ferrari motor. To them that is music.

I wish Boulder good luck with their ad but I don't think that is the place for them to advertise.
taters
It is about the Luxury market, not the audio market, and their motivation is unlike the high-end market.

Ironically, it may also work with the ''Stereophile'' market, meaning not the Luxury buyer but the audiophile with means.

Honda entered the F1 years ago to reach the common Accord-buying consumer, not to sell F1's...

Again - what is the Luxury market? Do you really think people spend $ 10,000 on a Rolex just to know the time, or because it is a precise instrument? A $ 100 quartz Timex is actually a lot more precise, but minus the prestige of course.

The Luxury market is all about exclusivity, limited-editions, and high price tags.
Why criticize? Indeed, it is the luxury market and there is some crossover. At least they (Boulder) are trying something.

So what if luxury market buyers are not "about the music"?

Most audiophiles are more about the equipment than the music.