Pre amp for Pass Labs XA30.5 – Tube or SS

I’m updating my system from the bottom up and have settled on the Pass Labs XA30.5 for power amp. The speakers are a pair of Harbeth C7-es3. Now I’m debating between getting a tube or solid state pre amp. Below are the ones I consider:

SS pre amps - Pass XP10, Ayre K-5xeMP

Tube pre amps – Audio Research Ref 3, LS27 used, LS 26, LS-17SE; Conrad Johnson ET-3, ET-3SE used, Premier 17; Leben pre amp.

Can you share your experience in any of these pre-amp with Pass Labs power amps? Any other SS or Tube pre amp that are worth exploring? Obviously, the Audio Research Ref 3 and LS 27 command a higher price.

I’m looking for a good synergy between pre-amp and power with correct output/input impedance matching. Music I listen include: vocal – both female and male, jazz, pop, chamber, symphony, etc. I’m looking for full-body mid, solid bass and extended treble, accurate sound stage, with a focus on vocal presentation.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
r0817
I don't know why the larger Pass amplifier should sound any better.It has more power to drive speakers with a difficult load and are more demanding of current. With the appropriate speakers the smaller Pass should sound as good at the very least.
Regards,
I had the 30.5, 60.5 and 100.5. Even with the same speaker you will hear the difference with ease. There is a big difference in quality. The 100.5 has a lot more drive and resolution. Even with a small speaker you can hear the difference with ease. It is more precise. Cause of the precision you will get a more 3D image. There is even a difference in musicallity. To be honest the 100.5 I found a lot better than the 60.5. The difference between the 60.5 and 30.5 is noticeble easilly. But the 100.5 is more musical in sound and more precise. I prefer the 250.5 over the 60.5 as well. The integrated amps Pass makes I found not that convincing as there Poweramps and pre-amps.
I have read and talked to Pass and I understand there is an improvement as you move up the line and just not more power.

Chuck
First post here, hope it works.
I use a Pass X1 with my XA30.5, the combination was awesome. I'm sure the XP10 would sound even better.
hi, I own a xa-30.5 and wondered if there are other users that could comment on the banana plug binding posts...although the connections are snug and secure, there is just not enough depth for the plugs to be completely inserted...sounds great, but it's the only amp I've ever owned where the banana plugs are not 100% inserted