Pre amp for Pass Labs XA30.5 – Tube or SS

I’m updating my system from the bottom up and have settled on the Pass Labs XA30.5 for power amp. The speakers are a pair of Harbeth C7-es3. Now I’m debating between getting a tube or solid state pre amp. Below are the ones I consider:

SS pre amps - Pass XP10, Ayre K-5xeMP

Tube pre amps – Audio Research Ref 3, LS27 used, LS 26, LS-17SE; Conrad Johnson ET-3, ET-3SE used, Premier 17; Leben pre amp.

Can you share your experience in any of these pre-amp with Pass Labs power amps? Any other SS or Tube pre amp that are worth exploring? Obviously, the Audio Research Ref 3 and LS 27 command a higher price.

I’m looking for a good synergy between pre-amp and power with correct output/input impedance matching. Music I listen include: vocal – both female and male, jazz, pop, chamber, symphony, etc. I’m looking for full-body mid, solid bass and extended treble, accurate sound stage, with a focus on vocal presentation.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
r0817
Post removed 
R0817,

Here's a review for the Pass XP-10 and XA60.5. It gives you an excellent description of their sound, separately and together.

http://enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/equipment/0712/pass_labs_xp_10_xa_60_5.htm

It's very easy to understand why the reviewer says what he does, just from my experience with other Pass equipment.
What is an atypical preamp?

And gives credence to the fact that designers design their
equipment to work together and why for best performance and
system synergy it is best to stay within the same brand.
Hence pass labs amp with pass labs preamp. Especially if
buying deaf; so eloquently stated above. Reno hi-fi offers a
free 10 day trial, all you pay is shipping to and fro if you
don't like it; can't beat that.

Chuck
RO817,
The Reno Audio trial option of the Pass seems a good move, you may or may not necessarily prefer this same brand sound.I know people who have ARC amps but prefer non ARC line stages. People use Shindo preamps with non Shindo power amps.It all about what sound you want and this could certainly differ from what the designer voiced to his own taste.What if you simply hear differently?
I have been using a Thor TA-1000 mk2 with my XA30.5 (upgraded from Aleph 5) for over three years now and I am very happy with the combination. The Thor is 400 ohm and I connect single ended. Highly recommend this combination. I also have a passive preamp that I also substitute at times. My experience concurs with Nelson that any reasonable preamp will probably work.