Loss of bass & full spectrum sound

Can anyone shed light on my audio system problem?
I have PSB Synchrony one,Musical Fidelity M6i + cd player & turntable along w/video
The sound is Full with deep bass then after an hour it reverts to a different unenjoyable presentation with no life..
This has been going on in my NYC apt for about a year
I have a great sound then it changes (white-washed).
I adjust speaker cables(AQ biwire comet)& occasionally it regains a full body sound however after about one hour it's gone.
All my components have been checked to function properly.
I suspect an electrical problem but voltage is steady 120
Any similar experiences?
fishing716
I started with spades switched to banana's now am going direct wire
and then the comment,
Audioquest Comet biwire 6ft cables w/banana's are not defective
When you said "direct wire", was that just basic speaker wire, and not the Audioquest?

And I'll ask again,

When you say the sound is intermittent, has it ever changed suddenly while listening, or does it seem to be a gradual change toward the end of the day? Also, can I assume that this change is with all sources?

I'm sure the issue can be solved. It's just a matter of taking steps to narrow down to the cause.
My Girlfriend hears the same thing as I
My amp is brand new and already had 3 amps here with the same results
Today the bass was there then after about 2 hrs was gone.
I switched speaker cables from left speaker to right side of amp & vice vera and the bass worked again
It has remained as I write for about 2 hrs.
it can (and will)go at anytime
The result is always unlistenable
Right now it sounds vital
I have Called PSB,Audioquest & Bryston(I had B135 for months)now have Musical Fidelity M6i
These companies were reluctant to believe me or suggest a remedy.
My Dealer in Florida *I am in NYC also has no solution.
At least he allows me to trade recent purchases for newer products with little loss.
I am saving to audition PS Audio P-3 power station with return previlage in hopes that will solve the problem.
I worked in the audio industry for over 20 years, and even had upscale systems years before that time. Have helped many friends and other people solve just about any problem you could imagine, however this one is unique. You said you have used different amps and speaker cables, has this happened with the same pair of speakers?