Could they sell a high-end amp without the fancy

cabinetry.I'm talking about the quality of Pass, Ayre, Rowland, etc, etc. It seems when you do buy these products you are paying a lot for the packaging. Do you think someone could make an amp the quality of the above mentioned companies without the bling factor. It could sell for a lot less and create a new niche in the marketplace. If this is already being done I haven't seen it. I am talking about high-end audio not mid-fi.
taters
Hegel stuff is expensive and raved about in reviews, and I'm sure they thought about the way the stuff looks...its design is every bit as intentional as a Rowland or Pass amp.
If it fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, some, not all wouldn't care as long as it sounds fantastic. Others, the looks brings you in and the sound captures you.
I personally like gear that a good industrial designer got hold of...many speakers are especially ugly without grills so I appreciate ones that cover the screw holes at least...retro style amps with exposed tubes...nice...and all amps should be forced to include little meters (like McIntosh, Pass) as they indicate that something is alive in there.
One could argue the majority of high-end audio components embody what you ask for.

Just off the top of my head AtmaSphere, Air Tight, B&K, Bryston, Cary, Creek, Conrad Johnson, Jolida, Music Hall, Music Reference, NAD, Naim, Quad, Quicksilver, Rega, Rogue, and Shindo strike me as getting the chassis done while exercising fiscal prudence.

Personally, I think the AtmaSphere Novacrons rank among the most beautiful audio components ever produced, and yet Ralph's chassis get done at quite modest cost.
Please also take note of Decware Torii Mono amps at Decware.com. I have no affiliation except happy customer.