balanced preamp

I currently own a First Sound deluxe MK11 and would like to
Try a balanced pre to my Mark Levinson 336.
Those of you who have made such a change,what has been your experience?
dsremer
When I went to balanced connections with my ML 433 I was quite happy with the result. If a company goes to the trouble and expense of a fully balanced option, like your ML 336, it is likely to be the best option. But, just because a unit has XLR connections doesn't mean its fully balanced.

My ARC LS 27 and ML 433 sounded better even with cheap balanced cables than they did with expensive single ended.
Going internally balanced is a good way to reduce distortion of the circuit. This is true whether the preamp is tube or solid state.

If the balanced operation is done properly, the interconnect cables cease to be a part of the sound of the system, unlike single-ended. Note the caveat 'done properly'.
Although MANY great designers don't care about balanced operation (Conrad Johnson, etc.), I do. The solidity of XLR connections and the low noise/impedence has served me well in pro audio, and I was wondering aloud (here) about what was out there when the Kavent dude contacted me. I bought one of their S-33s (exactly the same preamp as a Vincent SA93, just different cosmetics) and am utterly amazed at how good it is, and it matches well with the XLR inputs on my Jolida 502p (and a Forte' 55 before that). Unfortunately the Kavent people have disappeared, but my preamp happily remains...a fully balanced design all the way through.
Atmasphere, Fully balanced configuration reduces only even harmonics while leaving odd harmonics intact - I'm not sure if it sounds better. In addition gains have to be perfectly matched or common mode interference would get converted to normal mode signal. It also seriously increases cost - could buy much better non-fully balanced preamp.
Thank You all for your helpfull replies.. I have tried my P.S.Audio PW DAC 11 via the Balanced out directly to the M.L.336 and was impressed with the results, I do not want to take a step back the First Sound pre does a lot of things right.. I have aways enjoyed a tube pre but find more solid state balanced pre in the market.
Atmosphere I am not sure if there is a dealer near me nor have I had a chance to hear one of your pre's