Past Wyred4Sound STI owners

Not a lot of recent reviews or comments about these integrated amps, curious who has owned and moved onward and why?
styxtrekr
I upgraded mine to a BAT VK-52SE pre and hypex NC400 amps because i wanted multiple balanced outputs so I could run my headphone amp. I also wanted to see what all of the "hype" was about with the HYPEx (pun intended) and wanted to try my hand at DIY.

The hypex is indeed a phenomenal amp, but so is the STI series.

I kept the STI-500 and moved it into my bedroom to drive my old speakers. The BAT/ hypex is a bit better but it is definitely pretty far into the area of diminishing returns. I think dollar for dollar, the STI series is among the best bang for your buck in hifi, along with OPPO as a source.
I'm currently considering the STI-500 also. But, my research suggests W4S is in process of updating their earlier amps to use the latest ICE modules - the modules they use in their iMINT amp.

I would get the iMINT, except I want to drive some inefficient speakers, and I'm concerned the iMINT may not be able to do that well.

I would get the iPRE and 2 iAMPs, which would have sufficient power... but... would like to avoid that much of an investment (almost $3K).

I've also just discovered the Class D Audio amps, which also get superb reviews, which I guess also use the most recent ICE modules, as do the Peachtree amps.

While I'm still considering the STI-500, because of all its features and its universally superb reviews... I may just experiment with the Class D Audio amps. They're incredible bargains, and reportedly perform at the Pass Labs level.

So... we'll see...
I have a pair of the mamps. The first two off the production line. Could not be happier. Powerful, smooth and lots of instrument weight throught the frequency range. So much better that the first generation class D technology. So small its rediculous. Pretty much fits in my had with my fingers spread. I take a large golf glove if that helps.
It would be interesting if someone that has both the STI and Ncore products could do a comparison/review. I'd be happy to volunteer my mamps for this purpose.
Any signs of W4S looking at Ncore technology at all for any future products? Guido