Denon SUT or Micro Seiki head-amp?

Hello there. I recently bought the famous Denon DL-304. I connected it to my Project Tube Box II, and immediately noticed that something was quite lacking. I did some research and only then learned about this cartridge being extremely low-output, and the need to somehow boost up its sound. Right now, the options I have here in Argentina are reduced to:
1) Denon AU-320 step up transformer.
2) Micro Seiki MTA-41 head-amplifier.
The Denon could seem like an obvious option, since it matches the cartridge impedance exactly (40 ohms). But then some say it could veil the extraordinary level of detail of the DL-304, and I wouldn't want that at all. The Micro Seiki, on the other side, is a mystery: there's practically no info about it on the internet. I only got to know that technically it would fit the DL-304: it is good for cartridges between 1 and 50 ohms of impedance and from 0.1mV (DL304's being 0.18). The specs here: http://www.micro-seiki.nl/Accessory.html
Can anyone help me decide here? Thanks for any advice!
fedocable
Swampwalker, you are absolutely right: the Denon SUT has only 20dB of gain. That would make only 60dB when connected to the Project in MM mode (40dB). Not enough! Suddenly the SUT is no longer the safer choice, apparently! What do you think?
Well, you know that 60 dB of gain is not enough, so you'd have to use the MC input which would give you 80 dB, which might very well be too much, depending on how much gain your line stage and amp supplies, room size, etc. If that were the case, you'd end up operating at the extreme low end of the line stage's attenuator, which generally is not a good thing in terms of channel matching. It also would create a big problem if your line stage uses a stepped attenuator and or has a logarithmic attenuation curve.
Oh, to be honest I have absolutely no idea about those technical details... My amp is a Puccini Settanta (70W), that's all I can tell you. And my set is in a fairly small room. But as far as I understand, I like the idea of using the MM input: it would mean less tube noise -and there is some...
Looking at some comments on-line about the amp you are using, there are some suggestions that the gain steps are a bit large at the lower end of the scale, so I think that 80 DB of phono gain would be too much; leaving you wanting more fine control of volume. So that would argue for the Micro Seki into the MM input.
Thanks, that's extremely helpful! Btw, the Puccini Settanta is already a nightmare when it comes to "volume control": you need to have surgery precision with that knob.
But anyway I'm growing the idea of replacing it with a Primaluna Prologue Premium, for the sake of tubes.