Anyone else receive low offers right away ?

Seem like everytime i list something for sale i get offers within the first hour . They are hundreds less than asking price . Are people looking for flipping oppertunities here or what ? so annoying .
128x128maplegrovemusic
Polk432, Invenio78 DIDN'T mention CREDIT. Why are you puuting words in his mouth? Poorer credit=higher risk so should pay more and the problem is??

There was a study that people with higher income tend to be more frugal, use coupons ... maybe reason they make and have more $$.

Well said Invenio78!
@Polk432

Once again, I humbly disagree. The dealer at the dealership doesn't care how much money you have, they only care how much money they can get out of you (short term or long term). Audio equipment is almost never purchased on loans or financing so it's a difficult comparison. If you walk into a dealership and say I am willing to pay $20k for that car, not one penny more and walk out leaving your phone number, the seller will not care whether your a millionaire or have exactly $20k to your name (presuming the buyer is not willing to go higher). If the sale is worth it for the seller, he'll sell to either person. If he won't make money off the deal, then he won't sell. My other examples of food, housing, and goods is also similar. I think all buyers (regardless of income) should be allowed to try and get something for the least amount possible. To say, "you can't bargain" because you have the money is somewhat unusual (especially when the seller specifically lists the item as to take lower offers). I think almost every reader of this forum has at least $1000 in the bank. Does that mean they can't (shouldn't) try to bargain down an item that is listed at $500 with a "make an offer" button? If you don't want to take offers below a certain amount, then just start the listing at that price without taking lower offers.

Once again, I respect all opinions that may be contrary to mine.
Polk432,
I do not follow your logic. The car dealer will make the sale to the customer that results in the greatest revenue to him/her, and does not care the income or net worth of the buyer.
Not clear on the rant about the doctor, but honestly, hi-end audio gear is pretty darn non-essential. Nobody is "owed" some arbitrary amount for this stuff. And the high-disposable-income-guy certainly has no obligation to overpay for these luxury items.
I'm amazed at what some people think 10 year old CDP's (with 10yo transports) are worth. Meridian 508.24's for $1300? Laughable. I bought one (used) here 6 years ago for $1100 (sold it a week later for the same price, BTW)
But hey, buyer beware. Remember the little jar of rocks that you put on a table in your listening room and "was a game changer!" and Audiogon ran their ads! I lost a lot of respect for admin here after that point .....

Laughable.